PDA

View Full Version : Cute Idea - Angus Lost

Jennifer in TX
03-19-2007, 10:49 PM
We are reading Angus Lost this week, and I actually came up with a cute idea for the book. This afternoon, we headed outside and we acted out the story with props. I drew Angus' house on the concrete patio while dd drew a road (both with chalk). Dd went and got 2 plastic dogs, a cat, a goat, and a car. We also made a cave out of blocks. Then, while I read the book aloud, she acted out the scenes with our props. She was so excited, that she then drew a picture of the storyline as well. I happened to pick up scrapbooks yesterday (copying the scrapbook idea from the FIAR board), and now we have our first scrapbook entry! I am sooo excited about the scrapbook.

Ds1 likes to read the books, but he really isn't into the activities much. He looked at the pictures while I read aloud, and he drove his vehicles on another chalk road. I expect that in the next few months after turning 3 he will 'come alive' with BFIAR.

Jennifer
Dd (5yrs this week!), Ds1 (2.5yrs), Ds2 (6mo but he's crawling and pulling up!)

Jennifer in TX
03-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm having fun with this book! Anyway, this morning, I copied 7 scenes out of the book and pasted them onto index cards. Ds1 and Dd will be sequencing the story using my homemade cards. The pictures - especially the black and white ones - are simple enough to make great sequence cards.

I suppose I should have let dd draw her own cards. Maybe she'll still want to do that.

Jennifer

Ely in Chicago
03-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Great ideas Jennifer! Thanks for sharing. We rowed this book back in October but I will add these to my BFIAR list for next year. :thumb:

Terri W
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I happened to pick up scrapbooks yesterday (copying the scrapbook idea from the FIAR board), and now we have our first scrapbook entry! I am sooo excited about the scrapbook.

Jennifer: Where did you find this idea on the website? I'm new.

Ging
08-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Wonderful Idea! Angus is one of our favorite books, I want to rerow it and make a lapbook this time. We'll surely use your idea.
Ging