PDA

View Full Version : Life of Fred users

Marcia
07-06-2009, 09:49 AM
I have a question. Why are the answers to the questions right there under the problems? Is it okay for the kids to look at the answers while they are working the problems? :unsure:

Rachel Jane
07-06-2009, 09:59 AM
I cover the answers with index cards held on with paper clips. If the answers are on a page, I look at them whether I want to or not. My brain reads faster than my mind can say to look away. I suspect my children are the same way. When learning something new, I have used the answers with my guys to work backwards to get the process, but we try to get the answers on our own first.

I hope that made sense. :lol:

Carol S
07-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I wish they had not printed it that way, too, but I also just cover it up. Hadn't thought of paper clips, but that would certainly be handy.

WendyW
07-06-2009, 10:09 AM
The answers are there because it's intended to be self-taught. When you read through the answers, you will see that there is a lot of stuff actually explained there, not just giving the answer to that particular problem. It's not unusual for there to be a question that they have NOT learned how to do, and they teach it through the answer section. The "cities" portion is supposed to be the testing section, so I'm not sure why they include them there, but I like Rachel Jane's idea with the note cards to cover it.

Hollie in SC
07-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I covered them with sticky notes. :spin:

Marcia
07-06-2009, 10:23 AM
You ladies are awesome! :D My first thought was to cover them up too, but I wanted to make sure I was doing it "right". :eyes: I'm such a rule follower sometimes. :lol:

Kendall in GA
07-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Ansley covers the answers on her own. :)