PDA

View Full Version : Reading Made Easy Users- new practice workbooks!

Heather W
07-07-2009, 07:18 AM
I just thought I'd let everyone know that Valerie Bendt has come out with new workbooks for her Reading Made Easy manual.

They are really nice. I was able to give them a test run and have been holding on to this secret for months now!:lol:

Right now she has them on CD- there are four that coincide with the lessons in the manual. It's $25. In August, the hardbound books will be available.

The nice thing is that she incorporates lots of different phonics practice AND she provides workbook pages for the stuff in the manual she has you make- the copywork and pictures and the spot to draw their picture with lines underneath.

Go check it out! www.valeriebendt.com

I also did a blog post (http://blogshewrote.blogspot.com/2009/07/reading-made-easy-new-stuff.html) about it.

I thought it was a very clever idea to make a workbook for the RME lessons. It will especially appeal to those who want more written practice.

Michelle B.
07-07-2009, 08:17 AM
How wonderful. I think this would be perfect for #3 who has said he wants more schoolwork:roflol: And, of course, we have already started RME.

Janee' in Texas
07-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Woo Hoo! Thanks for sharing! I just bought it! I was needing something like this for my dd, and wah- lah ask and ye shall receive! :lol:

Melanie
07-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks for sharing this, Heather. I am having phonics issues...I just can't decide what to do. I purchased ETC and Happy Phonics, but I'm not sure I love it. Ds seems happy with it, but I feel I might need something a little more scripted. I may wait until the hard copy of the workbook comes out and look into purchasing the RME program. Decisions, decision!!! :)

Alana
07-07-2009, 08:54 AM
I am having phonics issues...

Only on a homeschool board! LOL!

Sounds great Heather! I think J3 almost 4 might need one of those.

Melanie
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Only on a homeschool board! LOL!

:lol: Yes, you are right!

Kisha
07-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Cool!

Hollie in SC
07-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Those look :thumb: plus she throws in the Francis study. Great deal! My older boys would have loved them!

Erika in TX
07-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm thinking that this might be something that will be the ticket for Rebekah! (Remember she is the one that cried every time I pulled out RME) but she loves to do workbooks! The workbooks remind me very much of the ETC books, which I was planning on purchasing. But if these go with RME, and I can print them up as I go, I think it's :clap:

Jill in MN
07-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Very cool!! I ordered my CD and I can't wait for it to get here. What a great time saver!! I am also psyched about the Frances study. ;-)

Heather W
07-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I asked about the prices on the workbooks when they come out next month and here is the news directly from Valerie.

$11.95 Workbooks #1 (112 pages)
$11.95 Workbooks #2 (112 pages)
$12.95 Workbook #3 (132 pages)
$13.95 Workbook #4 (160 pages)

All four workbooks total $50.80, but I will sell them at a 10% discount if all four are ordered together, for $45.72.

You all will not be disappointed. She worked hard on these.

Heather W
07-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Valerie let me know the books are ready! They'll be up on the website for the prices mentioned above next week.:)

Tricia O
07-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for sharing! We look forward to using these with our son. Looks like we could use those instead of using Explode the Code, and they would "fit" and follow along/match so much better. :hop:

Kristina J
07-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I ordered the CD and am waiting to get them in the mail! I can't wait! :clap:

Janee' in Texas
07-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I ordered the day I saw your post and already ahve my cd and the free Frances study guide. :clap: So excited and off to print out a few sheets for my daughter.

Heather W
07-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I ordered the day I saw your post and already ahve my cd and the free Frances study guide. :clap: So excited and off to print out a few sheets for my daughter.

I hope you enjoy it and a little birdy told me she is working on a follow up to RME...:yes:

RobinP
07-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Ds is loving this! And it's just the right amoung of reinforcement.

Laura F
07-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Wow! This would have been great last year with dd#1. I'll look for it when dd#2 is ready for RME. How did you keep this secret?!

Ely in Chicago
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Caleb liked RME but I always felt that he needed more "games"/activities to review the material in between. I might try this to review what we learned this past year.

Amy in MD
07-15-2009, 11:14 PM
This is really wonderful news. I used RME with my first two kids but I always wished there was a workbook to go with it. I've been looking around at other stuff for my twins not sure if I'd do RME again. I definitely will now with the workbooks.

I just with the main manual was hardback or a little more substantial. Mine is totally falling apart and has several pages missing after out last move.

Joli FL
07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks Heather,

This looks so awesome. We are on lesson 60 and have done ETC 1,2,3. I love RME and I love that they now have workbooks available! I was trying to make ETC line up with RME and it didn't always work!