PDA

View Full Version : Trail Guide to World Geography?

MichelleL in Tn
07-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Has anyone used this. I got GTG this year, but this looks really cool too.

Heather W
07-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Love the trail guides:)

Carol S
07-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I use the US and really like it. I intend to use the world one eventually.

CINDY LB OH
07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Love the Trail Guides here as well. They are easy to use and have some great activities in them. I used it a few years ago as the beginning of our school day. The kids loved it!

And it can be used over and over again as the kids get older. Wonderful resource!

MichelleL in Tn
07-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Do you think it would be a good addition to GTG. or better to wait and do it later as
another study. (When say they are older.)

Right now they are in 2nd and 4th grades.

Alicia
07-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Michelle ~
When we used GTG, we really didn't need to add anything else. Personally, I would save TG for later. :)

MichelleL in Tn
07-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks ladies for your input. I think I am going to go ahead and get the TG.

I may or may not use it now. Alot of the stuff in GTG looks below his capability, but he may find them fun. But I would like for him to have a little challenge as well.

Do you think it would be sufficient by itself for now?

I do have some outline maps.
(I would add the extras on probably next year.)

I have a few other books I can use. (A trip around the world, Countries and Cultures etc.)

Does anyone here have the Notebook CD? Does it have outline maps?

Thanks again.

Karrie AK
07-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Michelle,
I am getting both the world and us trail guide, I already have GtG and CtC, I am incorporating all of them. (somehow in my little mind) I have a plan to use it mostly with my older boys and bring in Fiar with galloping the globe and cantering the country for my little one. I am also getting the cd that goes with it. from my understanding it is going to be ready made for you. you don't have to do everything, just find what you like. I am gathering things as I research this too. like pictures of the states from enchanted learning. I am coping and pasting and going to have my little one cut them out to put on a geography page they call it in the book. and other stuff, too. I don't think you can plan to hard until you reach what you want here, but you can defintily research your ideas on how you want to put it together. if you like you can pm me and I will let you know my progress with it.

good luck

Karrie