PDA

View Full Version : Junior High

Oney
07-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I've read through lots of posts regarding the middle school grades but want to ask about this plan:

Finish Beyond FIAR books/lessons (I think we have just four left)
Life of Fred Fractions
Spelling using words from Beyond FIAR book selection

You know I'm gonna have to ask it. ;)
Is this enough? :unsure:

Alice R
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm having a freak out session too.

Nathaniel would be in JR High in our district! :eek: With lockers and changing classes and stuff. :eek:

:eek1: :eek1: :crazy: :eek: :eek:

Heather W
07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Jr High is really grades 7 to 9. Middle school is 6-8. Which do you have?

I'll have a 6th grader and that is more or less what he'll be doing.

BY and math and grammar based on BY.

We will insert an extra study here and there- other stuff of his interest.

For example, the digital photography unit from Amanda Bennnett and possibly her Heroes of Invention unit with George Washington Carver.

Oney
07-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I suppose school districts vary in how they group grades. In our school district elementary is k-6; junior high 7 & 8; and high scohol is 9-12.

I would have a 6th grader and a 7th grader if we were following district guidelines.

Heather, what do you mean by "grammar based on BY?"

Janee' in Texas
07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Oney- if you go to Heather's Blog http://www.blogshewrote.blogspot.com/ you will see in her side bar how she does grammar. We do it the same way, but she describes it so much better than I can! Here is another link you may enjoy:
http://www.design-your-homeschool.com/language-arts-lesson-plan.html

Heather W
07-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Thank you Janee' that is just what I was going to say!;)

Oney
07-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi again! :hi:

Janee, thanks for pointing me in Heather's blog's direction. Heather, that's what we've done for several years for LA/Grammar. :lol: Almost identical. :D

Heather W
07-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi again! :hi:

Janee, thanks for pointing me in Heather's blog's direction. Heather, that's what we've done for several years for LA/Grammar. :lol: Almost identical. :D

Awesome...it really works for us. Sometimes it takes tweaking, but it has been very successful.