PDA

View Full Version : Teachers Toolbox or Enchanted Learning?

Penny
07-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi,
I am having trouble making up my mind on this. Is the teachers toolbox really worth $12.99 a month which comes out to $155.88 a year! I will be creating our own science unit studies and would really like some printouts. I used to have a subscription to enchanted learning and was satisfied with it but teachers toolbox looks to have more content.

Anyone have both the teachers toolbox and enchanted learning who could give me a comparison of both sites?

Thanks,

Penny

Lori D
07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
I like the Teachers Toolbox, but I feel that it is too pricey for what it is. Also, I subscribed, yet was never able to print anything out-- I kept putting off dealing with it and payed for it for a long time. While trying to get them to help me out, I canceled my subscription out of frustration. Right about that time, I got an email that told me how to fix the problem. :( I was bummed at wasting that much money. Also, be sure and check the site to see that they have a lot of material on the subject that you want. I love their phonics centers, but when I looked to see what they had, there were only a few at the grade level I need.

I have subscribed to Enchanted Learning for a number of years. You should spend some time really exploring their site-- I found a number of things this year that are very helpful. We did math puzzles, money worksheets that were actually fun, phonics pages... and some things on the rain forest. I feel that I got my $$ worth.

I believe that TT might also have a copyright that says you are to destroy all materials after you cancel your subscription.

MicheleNJ
07-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I've had Enchanted larning and really liked it. I also have a membership to ABC Teach. Have you considered a membership with them. It is $40 for the year and they have a lot of great worksheets and more.

Debbie W
07-14-2009, 11:16 AM
I've had Enchanted larning and really liked it. I also have a membership to ABC Teach. Have you considered a membership with them. It is $40 for the year and they have a lot of great worksheets and more.

Gosh why can't it be like the good ol days when ABC teach was part of edhelper and free with your subscript to edhelper. Oh well, I think it is still worth the money though.

Has anyone tried preschool express? They have lots of good things on there for FREE! At least it was free last time I checked.

ETA: I forgot to say I would prefer Enchanted Learning. It's a lot more value for your dollar.

Robin in Colorado
07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Enchanted Learning - it's worth the $20 / year.

Heather W
07-14-2009, 11:48 AM
The thing with Teachers Toolbox is that it was already expensive and now I see they've raised the price.

My advice is to try it out for .99 and see what you think. One way to lower the price is to deactivate during the summer months. Then when you resign you get another trial price the first month. That brings it down some. Anything you save and file while a member will be saved for 90 days so you won't lose it all if you sign on again in time.

Evan Moor stuff is high quality. I love their History Pockets. Lots of people have a favorite Evan Moor product. Here's the thing though...you will not find all of any product on the site. So, don't go in thinking you'll pay the scrip price and have access to all your favorite books.:no: Doesn't work that way.

It's all very school-ish which is fine if it is worth it to you to pay for it. I got a lot of neat things off of there during my time as a member- probably a year and a half.

Personally, I think you are better off buying that much worth of Evan Moor products each year and owning the stuff. It is a breech of contract to take the trial, print as much as you can and deactivate. You can only use it if your membership is current. Difficult to enforce but the rule nonetheless.

Enchanted Learning is worth the cash. However, if you've had it for years it may be spent. I am a member of abcteach, but have not been overly impressed. I think it's hard to find things on there. IMO.

Edhelper has some very creative forms and is for older kids.

Robin H in VA
07-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I have had Enchanted Learning for 2 years now and I think it is well worth $20.00 a year. I don't know that I will be able to renew for next year though since you have to do it with a debit or credit card, at least that is the only way I have found.

I have looked at Teachers Toolbox and I feel like there is not enough for the price that one would pay.

I tell you, I don't use EL a whole lot, but what I do use is great. I think if I got a subscription to TT, that would be a waste of time and money for us, I just wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost. KWIM?

TonyaP
07-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Teacher Created Resources costs much less. Scholastic is offering a printables service now as well. I'd shop around a bit more. For $155, I'd expect someone to come to my house and do the teaching. :lol:

Robin H in VA
07-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Teacher Created Resources costs much less. Scholastic is offering a printables service now as well. I'd shop around a bit more. For $155, I'd expect someone to come to my house and do the teaching. :lol:

:roflol: You said it.