PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone use Homeschool in the woods New or Old testament paks?

Kristine In Indiana
07-13-2009, 09:58 PM
They look like fun, but not sure if it's just one more thing that we won't do. Also, which one to start with? old or new testament?

Kendra AU
07-14-2009, 12:33 AM
:yes: I love Homeschool In The Woods anything and everything. I have the Old and received it when it first came out. Love it. Need to finish it up and get the NT one. ;)

Kendra

Lori G
07-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I haven't tried anything, but I have been eyeing the Civil War one since it came out.

Heather W
07-14-2009, 11:41 AM
We did explorers and we'll do civil war with a row next year. I'm looking forward to it.

They are worth a try!

Candace C
07-14-2009, 10:16 PM
We reviewed the NT pak last year and it is BEAUTIFUL.

That said, it is VERY intricate and was way too old for my girls, who are very crafty/cut/paste kind of girls. :)

It is a LOT of cutting...and I ended up having to do it all myself or some of the pieces would not have worked. And the coloring is tiny details too...

I think for kids older than mine who really ENJOY that kind of thing, it would be great...just throwing those things out there for you to be aware of. :)

Denise, Guam
07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
We reviewed the NT pak last year and it is BEAUTIFUL.

That said, it is VERY intricate and was way too old for my girls, who are very crafty/cut/paste kind of girls. :)

It is a LOT of cutting...and I ended up having to do it all myself or some of the pieces would not have worked. And the coloring is tiny details too...

I think for kids older than mine who really ENJOY that kind of thing, it would be great...just throwing those things out there for you to be aware of. :)

I have been eying these also -- so what ages would you recommend it for?

Candace C
07-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Denise, your girls should be able to do it! :) If they enjoy the crafts/cutting/pasting including lots of little details.

My girls are a bit younger than yours. They are very crafty, but these details were just too small. I would think girls just a few years older could handle it.