PDA

View Full Version : Prima Latina/SOTW

MicheleStuart
07-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Thinnking about this for DS this year (2nd grade). Do I NEED the DVDs?
Also:
If I order the Story of the World CDs for the car do I need to order the book? I will be getting the activity guide (I think).
Thanks!
Michele

Candace C
07-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi there,

We are using Prima Latina (in fact just posted a review of it this week on my blog!) and I personally do not think I'd like or be good at teaching Latin without the DVD's.

Hwever, the DVD's do move rather quickly in my opinion, especially for my kids ages...but it keeps us moving I suppose!

I know there are a lot of people that teach without the DVDs! I just think that for me, it has made my job a lot easier!!

Shauna
07-23-2009, 06:15 PM
You probably don't NEED them, but they are quite useful if you're a complete novice at Latin. The instructor has a heavy southern accent (at least to my ears!), so I do wonder whether it affects her pronunciation of the Latin words at times. I reviewed Prima Latina here (http://treasureseekers.wordpress.com/2009/04/30/memoria-press/).

Heather W
07-23-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't have it. Just the CD and it's been fine.

MicheleStuart
07-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks girls!
Off to check out your blogs!
Michele

Alicia
07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't have the SOTW book and have never needed it. The Latin dvd's however, are very helpful, and I wouldn't want to do Latin without them.