View Full Version : The Child's Story Bible - Catherine Vos

07-23-2009, 10:03 PM
We have this bible and I haven't really used it much yet. I'm thinking about just starting at the beginning and reading straight through for our bible lessons this year. Has anyone done this? I'll print coloring pages and try to make some of the lessons fun but I'm looking to keep things simple. I already have the bible so why not use it? Thanks for any input.

Carol S
07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Yep. Currently with my 7 yo, I read from the Bible story book one day, and go back and read it from the actual Biblical text the next day. I have both the Catherine Vos and the Egermeier Bible story books. I think it's a good way to begin covering a majority of the Bible stories. Our curric at church doesn't seem to get around to nearly as many of them as I think it should.

07-24-2009, 11:39 AM
This is a great book!!! My kids love it because it explains things that they don't understand when read from the Bible. It does things like point out how an OT story points ahead to Christ. More than just the basic "popular" Bible stories too. We have read it over and over just like you are thinking of doing.

07-25-2009, 07:42 PM
This is what we're doing with my little guy. Currently we're on chapter 84. :)

Laura F
07-27-2009, 09:13 PM
I photocopied these pages (http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=717834&item_code=WW&netp_id=382128&event=ESRCN&view=covers)as go-alongs for K, and I just noticed that there's an edition for ages 6-8 (http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=717850&item_code=WW&netp_id=382130&event=ESRCN&view=covers).

Bonnie W
07-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Has anyone had any complaints from your child saying it was boring, and that they wanted more pictures to look at? I like the coloring page idea. Thanks for sharing that.

07-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Dd is 7 now but last year when we would read it, the battles, the kings, the parts you'd think she wouldn't like, well, she was really into it. What I like most is that is sparks so many questions that we end up spending about an hour, easily, on it, without any coloring pages. However, sometimes she does make her own pictures to go with what we're reading.

07-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the replies, ladies, especially the link to the coloring book! This will definitely be our bible curriculum this year. I'll still use the FIAR bible supplement on occasion, too.