PDA

View Full Version : LLATL Blue for 1st?

Marsha
07-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Has anybody used this for 1st?
My daughter can read good, but I think she still might enjoy this.

Anybody used this for 1st with a reader?

Tracey
07-24-2009, 10:32 AM
This is just my personal opinion but I when we used these books we found them to be about a grade level behind. I bought the blue book and ended up going to the red book within 2 weeks. It was too easy for our first grader but if you have not bought anything yet maybe you could look through them somewhere and decide for yourself. My friend has a first grader this year and she is doing red. You really have to decide for yourself. I do hope this helps though. :)

MicheleStuart
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
ITA with Tracey! I got the Blue book for K and it was more or less okay. I'm using the Yellow (3rd grade) book in 2nd with DS.

Robin(CA)
07-24-2009, 11:25 AM
If you're using FIAR, I think using LLATL would be overkill for a 1st grader.

Marsha
07-24-2009, 11:49 AM
We are using FIAR, but not going deep into the LA portion now.
I am having baby #7 and am having to go to the doctor 3 times a week that is over an hour away, plus we are adding on to our house.

I really need to simplify and I think LLATL will do that for now.

Thanks

Tracey
07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
ITA with Tracey! I got the Blue book for K and it was more or less okay. I'm using the Yellow (3rd grade) book in 2nd with DS.

We used yellow for 2nd too! :)

Tracey
07-24-2009, 12:23 PM

Robin, I agree with this and have since stopped using the books. We are trying to use the LA in the books as much as possible. I do, however have Primary/Intermediate Language Lessons to pull in when I think there is not enough LA going on. :)

Tracey
07-24-2009, 12:26 PM
We are using FIAR, but not going deep into the LA portion now.
I am having baby #7 and am having to go to the doctor 3 times a week that is over an hour away, plus we are adding on to our house.

I really need to simplify and I think LLATL will do that for now.

Thanks
This is a good idea as it is very kid friendly and lessons are already planned. Good luck with your new baby!:)

Hope
07-26-2009, 11:36 AM
The blue book is the first half of the LLATL reading program - the red book is the second. If your dd is already reading I would suggest placing her in the red book. It has fun activities like the blue, but it is a step up from a non-reader.

My son and I really enjoyed the red book program. :clap:

Kendall in GA
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM

Ditto! :yes: