PDA

View Full Version : temperature line graph?

AndreaD
07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm looking for a blank grid that I can have my ds chart the temperature each day-- like a line graph- anyone know where I can find such a thing? I suppose I could draw one up- but it would be easier if there was already one made! lol

Hollie in SC
07-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I think I have one. Let me see if I can figure out where I found it, though. :)

ETA: Well, :eyes: I couldn't find it.

Carol S
07-29-2009, 06:38 PM
I guess "in the back of the Right Start Level C book" isn't what you're looking for.

Heather W
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
It would be easy enough to make that graph or have him make it with a ruler and a piece of graph paper.

You could get bigger graph paper if he needs that visual discrimination.

Anjie in PA
07-29-2009, 07:13 PM
You can buy tablets of graph paper at office supply stores. They're not very expensive. We always have them on hand; in fact, Laura often prefers to do her math on that paper.

CINDY LB OH
07-29-2009, 07:48 PM
With some blank graph paper, run the temperture up the side, and the days of the month along the bottom. Then have him fill in each day's temperature like a bar graph.

Make one page for each month and you will have a nice looking graph when you are finished. You can then compare from month to month, find ave. temp., etc.

Heather W
07-29-2009, 07:52 PM
With some blank graph paper, run the temperture up the side, and the days of the month along the bottom. Then have him fill in each day's temperature like a bar graph.

Make one page for each month and you will have a nice looking graph when you are finished. You can then compare from month to month, find ave. temp., etc.

:yes: or you can still do the line graph with that method. Graph construction is a great skill for a 10yo to master!!

If you need tips I'm an expert at teaching them!

WendyW
07-29-2009, 10:10 PM
We have a lap-size white board that is printed on one side with a grid of 1/2" squares for graphing. It's got heavy center lines to make the 4 quadrants, but that doesn't interfere with making other types of graphs on it. I ordered it from Rainbow Resources a few years ago.

Rebe
07-29-2009, 10:12 PM
I downloaded graph paper from this site and then I just print what I need. I've done many temperature graphs with my older three (I love temperature graphs!).

http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/

Kendra AU
07-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Saxon Meeting Books have a temperature graph in them. (2nd grade one anyway).. It's no good to us (the meeting book) because um the temperature graph is in F and we go with C. I'd you'd like the book let me know.. It needs a new home. :)

Kendra

Laura F
07-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I couldn't find a blank chart, but Enchanted Learning has a whole bunch of temperature & thermometer activities.