PDA

View Full Version : History ideas for a Mini Office

Robin H in VA
07-30-2009, 08:39 PM
I am making Mini Office's for ds, breaking them down to 4 different folders, math, LA, Science and History. The only thing is, I don't know what else to put in the History folder.

I have Books fo the Old and New Testament and World Maps, Contenient and US Map, I may even do cut outs of each individual state and place the state facts on each.

What else could I do? Ds is going to be 2nd grade, but if there is anything that you did for K (that is not too young) or for 1st, I can add those in.

Thanks

Jeni
07-31-2009, 07:20 AM
Our Dollar Tree has these sticker things that would be perfect for mini offices. One has all the US presidents. ;)

Robin H in VA
07-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks Jeni

I was going to go to Dollar Tree yesterday, but I didn't. Maybe I will go today and try to find a few things.

Suz MamaFrog
07-31-2009, 12:41 PM
What about a timeline? US history? Your ds's lifespan?
Or a Family Tree?
List of famous inventors or artists or composers or scientists???
Divisions of history? Ancient, Medieval, Renaissance, etc.

HTH!

Blessings!
Suz

Robin H in VA
07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Great ideas Suz

We are doing a family tree of sorts with our study SOTW. I was hoping to take pics of everyone (up to date), but we are having problems with that b/c we can't get everyone togeter. :unsure:

I did find a book today at Target in the $1.00 isle of the Presidents and States. I was planning to take the books apart :eek: (I can't believe I even thought that) but I was going to take them apart and cut the pages into strips (this is how the pics are) and then glue then down to the folder. Well, I can't because they are double sided. I could make a copy of the other side, but that would be a lot.

I didn't find the sticker things that Jeni was talking about, but I have two other Dollar Tree Stores to go to. :clap:

Lori D
08-01-2009, 12:35 AM
http://www.schoolebookstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=6946
This might be a good resource.

And, Enchanted Learning has some good stuff.
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/history/us/symbols/

molly in cr
08-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I did find a book today at Target in the $1.00 isle of the Presidents and States. I was planning to take the books apart :eek: (I can't believe I even thought that) but I was going to take them apart and cut the pages into strips (this is how the pics are) and then glue then down to the folder. Well, I can't because they are double sided. I could make a copy of the other side, but that would be a lot.

If you got it for $1 at Target, getting another one to use the other sides would be cheaper than making copies, I think. :)

Robin H in VA
08-01-2009, 07:34 AM
If you got it for $1 at Target, getting another one to use the other sides would be cheaper than making copies, I think. :)

I was thinking about that, but they only had 1 of each book.:sad:

Speaking of Target though, ds got a blow-up alien and when we got up to the check out I asked the lady about planets to go with the alien (they had a spaceship but another child got the last one) and the lady said that they had all the planets at one time, about a week ago.

I thought those would have been really nice (I am putting the planets in order in ds science mini office) and I would have loved to have those to hang from the ceiling.

Well back to history now.