PDA

View Full Version : Daily Geography

Cindy in CA
08-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Anyone use this? Thoughts, comments, pro/cons.

TIA,

:)

Cindy

CJ
08-10-2009, 07:31 PM
I have the 3rd grade. We didn't end up using it mainly because it was just too many pages and took too much time.

We use GeoSafari, and geography games (board, software and online) along with blank outline maps and travel shows mostly.

We have used Steck Vaughn's Maps, Globes, Graphs which is for elementary grades. That was more the right amount - we did it twice a week.

Heather W
08-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I'd go for Trail guide to US and World Geography instead to be honest.

Alicia
08-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I have used Daily Geography, but I'm not sure which one you are talking about. I think there are two curriculums titled Daily Geography. Who is the author?

Tricia O
08-11-2009, 07:07 AM
If you are talking about the Evan-Moor one, my daughter loved it! :thumb:

Cindy in CA
08-11-2009, 11:30 AM

It is the Evan Moor one... Sorry didn't know there was another one. I am looking at the 3rd grade...maybe 6 too...maybe not. :lol:

So, ladies is it the other program that was time consuming or this one?

Thanks,

:)

Cindy

Alicia
08-12-2009, 10:21 AM
The Daily Geography I have used is by McDougal, Littell, & Company. It is not time-consuming at all.

LindainOK
08-14-2009, 12:27 AM

We used the 4th grade version and my dau enjoyed it. There were only two questions per day and the maps provided lots of practice coloring and labeling (extra that I'd have her do with special maps related to what we were studying). Not at all time consuming.