PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy HWOT?

Missy J in VA
08-20-2009, 09:56 PM
I was wondering if the only place to buy HWOT is their website? Also what all do you guys recommend? I'm guessing the workbook, teachers manual... but what about the wooden shapes, dough, slates etc.

TonyaP
08-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I've not found the prices to be lower anywhere else.

Mary D
08-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I too found that the prices were not lower anywhere else. Even on ebay with shipping they end up being about the same. I only bought the TM and the student workbooks along. I found a template for HWT lined paper online. This is the first year using this for me so I can't say I don't recommend the shapes and chalk boards but when I asked on another forum they said those two are really all that is absolutely needed.

Jay
08-20-2009, 11:45 PM
What age are you looking at using it for? For preschool we used the wooden letters but not for kindergarten really. You will need the slate or a small chalkboard to use their wet/dry technique for each letter. The small slate was used in prek and k. I also used the teacher's manual and student edition. This year for first we will use the tm, student man, double lined slate, and a journal. I think that ultimately the slate, workbook, and teacher's manual are the most important.

HollyD
08-21-2009, 10:19 AM
I've bought my HWOT products from Rainbow Resource and from the company. The advantage with RR is that I had big enough orders to get free shipping so that saved some money.

For K I bought the teacher's manual, workbook, wooden letters, and the small slates. I only really used the workbook! I think I gave the letters to a mom with a preschooler. We're now on the 2nd grade level and all I buy now is the workbooks. If you have a preK student all the other things might be helpful. We didn't use HWOT before K.

Melanie
08-21-2009, 02:58 PM
I just wanted to add that I loved the slate for prek, but this year (K) we aren't using it as much. HTH!

Missy J in VA
08-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks so much everyone, great advice as always!
You guys are just the best. I can't imagine trying to start my first year of homeschooling without such a wonderful place to ask all my questions. :)
What a blessing this board is.