PDA

View Full Version : All-American History?

Carol S
08-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Has anyone tried this one yet? I was leafing through the CBD catalog looking for Am History resources, and this certainly caught my eye. I wish it had been on my radar screen at convention time so I would have known to look for it, but alas, it was not.

Tricia in TX
08-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Has anyone tried this one yet? I was leafing through the CBD catalog looking for Am History resources, and this certainly caught my eye. I wish it had been on my radar screen at convention time so I would have known to look for it, but alas, it was not.

I know that sometime in the next month, the Old Schoolhouse Magazine Crew Blog (http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/HomeschoolCrew/) will have lots of reviews up from the publishers of All American History and some of the crew members will be reviewing it.

I don't know exactly when the reviews will be up though.

Steph
08-28-2009, 02:44 PM
I used both volumes of AAH with two of my boys. I read it aloud and we discussed it. I didn't use the student activity book at all.
The text is full of illustrations and maps but they are in black and white. This was only difficult for my more visual ds.
Overall, it's a pretty in-depth journey through American history. There were parts that I didn't think they spent enough time on but that's just personal opinion. I love the way it covered all the people of Am. history. It was almost like reading a mini-biography. My two ds's liked it.

Kelly K
08-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I LOVE it. The TM is invaluable, and we do a lot of the stuff in the workbook as well. It has fun cut-outs that the kids can do while I read the text book to them.

Carol S
09-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I've decided to use this product. I've emailed them to ask, but wondered whether any one could tell me whether the student activity pack is reproducible. I'll be using it with three kids.