PDA

View Full Version : Earobics

Kellye in TN
09-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Has anyone used Earobics? If so what was your opinion?

Cheryl in SoCal
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I've never heard of it, what is it?

Jeni
09-02-2009, 01:52 PM
We have both Step 1 and Step 2. It was recommended by the SLP that worked with my oldest son when he was 4yo. It's a great program, I think. Even my children who do not have speech problems benefited from the program. My only complaints are that it is expensive and the Home version only allows you to enter two students. You can get around that but it's a bit of a pain.

Cheryl, here's Earobics (http://www.earobics.com/). Basically it's computer program for working with children who have speech and hearing issues.

Cheryl in SoCal
09-02-2009, 05:03 PM
We have both Step 1 and Step 2. It was recommended by the SLP that worked with my oldest son when he was 4yo. It's a great program, I think. Even my children who do not have speech problems benefited from the program. My only complaints are that it is expensive and the Home version only allows you to enter two students. You can get around that but it's a bit of a pain.

Cheryl, here's Earobics (http://www.earobics.com/). Basically it's computer program for working with children who have speech and hearing issues.

Jeni - Thanks! However, I'm pretty confused by the website, is there more than one program? How much does it cost? I couldn't find any information about purchasing anything.

Jeni
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
There are two programs, Step One and Step Two. Step One is mainly targeted at younger children and works on very basic auditory skills like differentiating short e and short i by sound and segmenting compound words. Step Two works on more advanced skills and is aimed a children that are a little older. Each "step" has a different collection of game and the ability to track the progress of 2 children at a time in the home version.

Here's where I bought it from

http://www.superduperinc.com/products/view.aspx?pid=CC02HOSX

Kellye in TN
09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks you Jeni for your reply. Cheryl, you can also get them off of amazon. I'm considering using level 2 for my 9 year old dd who shows signs of an auditory processing problem. I have talked with one other mother who used it and was very pleased. Kellye

Cheryl in SoCal
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks ladies!!!

Cheryl in SoCal
09-02-2009, 10:07 PM
My only complaints are that it is expensive and the Home version only allows you to enter two students. You can get around that but it's a bit of a pain.

How do you get around the 2 student thing, by uninstalling/reinstalling it?

Also, is it for children with speech issues or mainly to enhance auditory learning?

AmyinWI
09-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks! I am trying to order this for my 5yo. it was also recommended by her SLP.
I had problems figuring out the earobics website,too.
Jeni- do you think step 1 would be too simple for a 5yo? She used the school version last year in 4K.

Jeni
09-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Amy, I think Step 1 is perfect for a 5yo especially if she has speech issues.

Cheryl, it's not as simple as uninstalling and reinstalling unfortunately. You have to remove the entry from the registry with a registry cleaner or by reformatting the hard drive.

The intent of the program is for children with speech and auditory problems to work on those issues but like I said even my kids who didn't have speech problems enjoyed playing the games and learn something from them.