PDA

View Full Version : Life of Fred Pre-Algebra

Cindy in CA
09-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Any news on this title? We are going to need it soon, wondering if anyone know when it will be out.:unsure:

TIA,

:)

Cindy

Robin(CA)
09-20-2009, 10:38 AM
I read somewhere that the author has been sick recently and hospitalized so that has delayed the book. I'll see if I can find a link for you . . .

CJ
09-20-2009, 10:41 AM
That's terrible news! Poor Stanley. I hope he recovers well. He wrote me in August and said that Pre-Algebra w/ biology theme should be ready in October. We're waiting for it, too, for our 8th grader. I have her reviewing right now until LFW is ready.

Robin(CA)
09-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Here it is -- I saw it when I was looking for reviews of math programs when I was having my math dilemma. I did end up buying Life of Fred Fractions and was really impressed by their customer service and super fast (free!) shipping. I hope he gets better soon!

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127108&highlight=Life+Fred

Cindy in CA
09-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for posting that. What a bummer, poor guy. Ahhhh, what to do for math in the meantime??? :unsure: We are almost done with Decimals and Percents, any suggestions? I was really hoping for the Oct. release date for Pre-Algebra. Need to do something in the interim, or go with something else. My ds really likes LOF. :unsure:

:)

Cindy

Robin(CA)
09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Cindy, I remember when I was reading over there what Mr. Schmidt suggested in the interim . . . I'm going to go find the post and c/p.

Here's the paragraph:
In any event, if I miss my "early fall" deadline, let the kids study some of the other subjects more for the time being till Fred can arrive.
Or have them read math literature such as
The Education of T.C.Mits by Lillian Lieber
or
Fantasia Mathematica ed. by Clifton Fadiman.
I enjoyed these when I was a kid.

Here's the link to the thread:
http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115978&highlight=schmidt

HTH!