View Full Version : ETC online question

Susan in Kentucky
09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
If you buy a subscription do you have to get it for each child or is it possible to share between kids?

Homeschool Buyers Co-op has a 50% off deal going on right now.

molly in cr
09-29-2009, 01:06 AM
It is intended to be used for one child. It tracks how the child is doing and just keeps moving forward at the pace of the child. You would not be able to jump around the program to use it for multiple children.

That being said, I bought it last year for one who needed it. He hated it so I ended up letting my other son (who was at the same reading level) finish our subscription.

If I were you I would buy it for one child first and see how it goes before ordering multiple subscriptions.

Susan in Kentucky
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks, Molly. I wondered if you could choose which lessons you could do and thus repeat them for all the kids. I have click and read, but they really aren't crazy about it. I like the fact that I can chage the lessons they are working on with it and was hoping ETC was like that too.

molly in cr
09-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Well, you can go in and change the lesson they are on (under the parent settings). But I do think this undermines the way it is designed to work. It will stay on a lesson until they master it. If you keep changing it I can imagine that that feature won't work.

You could always get one membership and try it, I guess. You could certainly let everyone give it a go to see if they like it. It's definitely no problem changing from one to another if one doesn't like it. I just think constantly changing back and forth would be a pain.

I won't be renewing. My one I bought it for didn't like it at all. He went back to using the books.

The other liked it until it was mandatory :eyes:. His reading has taken off naturally, though.