PDA

View Full Version : Delta Science in a Nutshell

April in PA
10-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Has anyone used these? There are a couple that I have my eye on, especially the weather one. I think it would be fun to do as an extra...I'm not even sure I'd call it school :) Their website says that it's for grades 3-6, but I'm wondering if that's really true. Would it work for my kids (2nd and K)? I've heard great things about these kits, but I don't want to spend the money if it's going to be at a level that's way too high for my kiddos. I'd love to hear opinions from anyone who has used them. Thanks!

Heather W
10-14-2009, 10:30 AM
I have the flowering plants one. Jana in SoCal has done a few others.

I think you'd be fine with the weather one for your younger kids.

enjoy it!

Jeni
10-14-2009, 11:20 AM
We have the Rocks one. It was great but I wish my kids had been a little older when I did it (I believe my oldest was 8 or so and he got plenty from it but most of it was over the younger ones heads)

Rachel Jane
10-14-2009, 03:47 PM
We used the one on Flight. :thumb:

April in PA
10-15-2009, 07:27 AM
We used the one on Flight. :thumb:

Do you think that it would be appropriate for younger kids?

Rachel Jane
10-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Do you think that it would be appropriate for younger kids?

http://www.delta-education.com/productdetail.aspx?Collection=N&prodID=1937&menuID=
I think you 7yo would love it if she is into that sort of thing, but I'd wait on the 5yo unless she is VERY able with her hands. Some of it would be frustrating for her unless she is the type to allow you to get your hands in her projects.

April in PA
10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
thanks, that's very helpful!