PDA

View Full Version : Writing with Ease

Cindy in CA
10-14-2009, 08:11 PM
We started this yesterday and I really, really like it. But gezz the lines are so wide to write on. We are using level 2 which so far, seems to be a fine fit, but those lines are soooo wide. :lol: My son decided to write taking up only half of the space. So, starting his words at the broken line. Anyone else have this problem? The width of the writing lines looks like something for K.

I'd love some input. Thanks,
:)

Cindy

Jennifer in TX
10-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Yes, the lines are too wide. I have dd writing the copywork in a primary journal with narrower lines. I just copy the copywork (we're still in Level 1) first.

When I run out of pages in this journal, I think I'm going to start using StartWrite or something similar to print copywork pages.

Negin
10-15-2009, 03:13 AM
Cindy and Jennifer, we just started using this a few days ago also. Loving it so far. I can't wait till she hopefully comes out with more and more levels.
Yes, the lines are very wide. Ds rolled his eyes at it, but he's gotten used to it, I guess. He needs all the practice he can get, so this isn't really an issue for us.

Kendall in GA
10-15-2009, 08:37 PM
We are using level 2 which so far, seems to be a fine fit, but those lines are soooo wide. :lol:

Level 2 is for 2nd grade...I've found the lines to be appropriate for 2nd grade ~ at least they match all of the other "2nd grade" paper that we have. (I have paper for grades K-4. Each is different and they progressively get more narrow the higher the grade.) They're a good fit for Reese. It's been my experience that lines get significantly narrower in 3rd grade.

If writing on half of the space works for your ds, then go with it! :yes:

Nancy Ann
10-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Yes the lines do seem big, using half the space is a good idea.

Cindy and Negin I am so glad to hear you like WWE I know you have been searching for a good writing curriculum. I love it! Writing has been the bane of my homeschool existence!:) So I am very relieved to have this.

Level 4 should be out early in next year and I am sure the other ones will come out timley as well.

Cindy in CA
10-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes the lines do seem big, using half the space is a good idea.

Cindy and Negin I am so glad to hear you like WWE I know you have been searching for a good writing curriculum. I love it! Writing has been the bane of my homeschool existence!:) So I am very relieved to have this.

Level 4 should be out early in next year and I am sure the other ones will come out timley as well.

Yes, Ds likes writing on half the space, so we will continue doing that. I love this program, it is wonderful! :)

Cindy

Negin
10-17-2009, 04:23 AM

Cindy, thank YOU for all your helpful feedback :kiss:. Writing has also been the bane of my homeschool existence :eyes:. Until now :clap:. I feel so much relief, like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.
Glad that Level 4 (and hopefully others) should be out fairly soon.

Science is my next work in progress ... I can't stand all that lesson planning and reinventing the wheel. :perplex:

I wish that all programs were as user-friendly as this one - much like ETC. I really dislike having to reinvent the wheel. Aren't we busy and overwhelmed enough already?

Cindy in CA
10-17-2009, 08:52 AM
This program is so great!:clap:It really is soooooo teacher friendly. No prep, just pick it up and go! I am thrilled with it. We completed our first week with it, some days we did more than one lesson. Ben is totally fine with writing in half the space. I think this will vary from child to child. His penmanship is good, we have worked on it a lot. He just doesn't like writing much. But you know, since we started WWE he seems to like writing a lot better already! I am glad I got level 2, even though he is in 3rd grade this year. It is perfect as we hadn't done any narration or dictation prior. Love the literature in this. It is just such a great program!:clap:

My oldest will start Jump In on Monday. If anyone wants feed back on that let me know.

I am thankful for our Charter School, I can get great products, and it is not coming out of my pocket! ;)

Thanks to everyone who posted about WWE in the past months! I am so thankful for this program!

Cindy

MicheleStuart
10-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi guys! Do I need to buy just the second workbook, or both the workbook and the text?
Thanks!
Michele

TinaM
10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Does anyone use this in conjunction with FLL?

Cindy in CA
10-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi guys! Do I need to buy just the second workbook, or both the workbook and the text?
Thanks!
Michele

Just the workbook. :) It is all there, scripted for the teacher, and the student pages for doing the dictation, narration and copywork.

Cindy

Negin
10-17-2009, 03:49 PM
My oldest will start Jump In on Monday. If anyone wants feed back on that let me know.

Cindy, once you get started on Jump In, do please post and let us know how you like it. :)

MicheleStuart
10-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks Cindy! Looking forward to adding this to my ChristianBook order!
Michele

Jana in SoCal
10-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Does anyone use this in conjunction with FLL?

Tina, I do.

Do you have a specific question about doing them together?

TinaM
10-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Tina, I do.

Do you have a specific question about doing them together?

I purchased FLL 1 & 2 and I'm still deciding whether to get workbook 1 or 2 of WWE. Do they have to be the same level to work together?

Nancy Ann
10-19-2009, 12:10 AM
I purchased FLL 1 & 2 and I'm still deciding whether to get workbook 1 or 2 of WWE. Do they have to be the same level to work together?

I used FLL 1 and 2 at the beginning and decided it was too much grammar and not necessary.WWE does talk a little about grammar concepts, just does not go indepth and all the repeating that FLL does. You may feel differently and it may work for you to use together. The authors intended for them to be used together. They did suggest the extra copywork in FLL is not necessary with WWE.

FLL does not need to be at the same level as WWE.

As for which level of WWE. My son is a 7 year old second grader. I initially got WWE level 2. But it starts out right away where you need to dictate to him and he writes it down. This was so frustrating for him. I tried going slowly, I tried helping him with spelling but it was too frustrating for him. Also the narrations where too long for him as well. So I just started over with level 1 and we are doing two lessons a day for now. If it get's tougher we will slow down but for now it's working.

TinaM
10-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks Nancy! I decided to go with Level 1.

Jana in SoCal
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you Tina. Glad you got your answers!

Jennifer in TX
10-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Wanted to say :hi: from a fellow WWE lover.