PDA

View Full Version : where to buy prepared microscope slides that will post internationally?

Ann Edwards
10-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Ladies
Please can someone tell me if there is anywhere that sells Botany prepared microscope slides AND that will post them to New Zealand?
I looked at hometraining tools who have what I want but they will only send to you internationally if you are an American citizen.

I want to do a study on botany with my older kids over summer and can not find the slides I need...sigh.
Thanks for any help.God Bless
Ann in NZ

Negin
10-20-2009, 04:34 AM
Ladies
Please can someone tell me if there is anywhere that sells Botany prepared microscope slides AND that will post them to New Zealand?
Ann, have you seen these (http://www.rainbowresource.com/search.php?sid=1256031057-2009090) ? I hear you about the frustrations of international shipping. My annoyance with Rainbow Resource is that their shipping rates are just too high. They don't even offer a Flat Rate Box or Envelope, so I barely order from them anymore, unless if I really, really have to. They could offer the Flat Rate option ... it annoys me that they don't. Sonlight also. Same frustration.

Carol K
10-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Ladies
I looked at hometraining tools who have what I want but they will only send to you internationally if you are an American citizen.

I want to do a study on botany with my older kids over summer and can not find the slides I need...sigh.
Thanks for any help.God Bless
Ann in NZ

Hi Ann,
Shipping abroad has gotten much better over the years. If you could get someone to receive the items and then ship flat rate with US Postal Service from the US, that would be a great deal. I was at the post office today trying to ship some books to Kenya and for 5lb it would have cost $20. The post office guy let me take a flat rate box home and I will try and fill it up to 20lbs and pay about $41 which is a really good deal. My sis-in-law is considering homeschooling and I am shipping her materials and childrens books. I hope you can find a suitable option.

I just wanted to add that is there is any way I could be of help please let me know. I'd be glad to help any way I can.

Jeni
10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
We got our from Homeschool Science Tools (http://www.hometrainingtools.com/category.asp?c=7&bhcd2=1256146780) when we were living in Japan. I had an APO address though. :unsure: It says they will ship to US citizens living abroad on a case-by-case basis. Their shipping is quite low though, if you wanted to have it shipped to you, you could have it shipped to a friend or relative and they could flat rate it to you. We often did that when we lived overseas. We could not accept deliveries from anyone other than USPS when we lived in Japan so if I wanted to order something and they refused to ship USPS, I'd throw a mild temper tantrum :lol: and then have it shipped to my dad and I would send him some money to flat rate it to me. ;)

Meg
10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi Ann,
Why not try some Australian sites? There is one company called MSmedia that will supply overseas. Go to Google Australia and put in prepared botany slides and you will find a number of suppliers. I am sure the shipping will heaps cheaper too. Good luck!!:)

Meg

Ann Edwards
10-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Dera ladies
Thank you for your replies....sorry it took awhile for me to get back to this ,have been away from the computer.I am trying in Aussie but so far no luck.Thank you for the idea Carol to ask a friend to post it.I had not considered that! Thanks so much for your offer to help...

I have a mennonite friend I email with ( they may be emigrating to New Zealand ) so I will have a chat to her about it.Our children are already sending little gifts/letters back and forth.
Thanks again.
God Bless
Ann