PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Bananagrams?

Kristine In Indiana
10-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I have some Scholastic points from ordering things for our homeschool co-op and noticed they were in the bonus catalog. Just looking for reviews.
Thought they would make a good stocking stuffer?
Thanks,
Kristine

Heather W
10-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Very fun!!!

Shauna
10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Love it!!! The tiles are also great for spelling practice.

Crissa
10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Very fun!!!

I agree! Even my nephew, who was a struggling 3rd grader last year, loved playing this game during our extended family summer vacation.

I think we'd better dig out our banana later this week.

Oney
10-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Stocking stuffer? ABSOLUTELY! That's a favorite game around here. As a matter of fact my aunt and uncle are coming out for supper tonight as they do about every other week...and we always play Bananagrams after clearing the table and then we have dessert. Fun Fun Fun!

Shauna
10-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Stocking stuffer? ABSOLUTELY! That's a favorite game around here. As a matter of fact my aunt and uncle are coming out for supper tonight as they do about every other week...and we always play Bananagrams after clearing the table and then we have dessert. Fun Fun Fun!

:yes: I also like that it's so portable. I took it to a family reunion, and when my DH and I started playing at one of the tables, we were joined by several of his family members. Good conversation starter!

Kendra AU
10-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Well.. it is portable, but take it in your carry on if you fly internationally. Either that or put it on top, cause if you don't you're likely to see your unders go flying which is a tad embarrassing..

We love this game and have an annual competition at camp for it complete with a hideous banana trophy which we can't decide if it's a treat or not to win. :lol:

We also let the littles play it too. The six year old spells words phonetically and doesn't connect them. The eight year olds spell properly but they don't have to connect them together. They draw one while adults draw three.

I'm thinking of Scrabble Apple this year for a stocking stuffer.. Or I dunno maybe Super bananagrams. :lol:

Lori D
10-20-2009, 05:21 PM
We love this game-- I just told my dd this morning that we needed a good round of bananagrams! I purchased it when it first came out- I think 2 or 3 years ago- before it was even on local store shelves for my now 16yo dd as a stocking stuffer. It is one of those games that has staying power- a good investment for a stocking stuffer!!

LisaM
10-20-2009, 06:19 PM
We all love it! My ds who's only 5 plays it along with us, but doesn't connect his words. It's a game that all of us can play together! :clap:

Rachael
10-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Love it! Even my 6yo plays with us, although not quite by the rules. He can still make words though.

Melinda
10-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Also from the makers of Banagrams...
Pears (http://www.amazon.com/Bananagrams-Pairs-in-Pears/dp/B002PDM288/ref=pd_sim_t_18)
Apples (http://www.amazon.com/Bananagrams-Appleletters-Appletters/dp/B002P584A6/ref=pd_sim_t_4)

These will be stocking stuffers. :thumb:

Jennifer in TX
10-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Because I'm cheap I have to ask this question. Is there any reason why the Banagram letters are better for playing this game than just using regular Scrabble tiles? I love the idea of the game, but since we already have Scrabble, I'm thinking I should multi-function those tiles. :unsure:

Kendra AU
10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Also from the makers of Banagrams...
Pears (http://www.amazon.com/Bananagrams-Pairs-in-Pears/dp/B002PDM288/ref=pd_sim_t_18)
Apples (http://www.amazon.com/Bananagrams-Appleletters-Appletters/dp/B002P584A6/ref=pd_sim_t_4)

These will be stocking stuffers. :thumb:

Okay, that's funny! I just noticed Apple Scrabble and was thinking of it for dh for Christmas.. We're word game addicts. :blush: In fact I've been known to play bananagrams online.. with dh.. while we're in bed.. You know on our macbooks. We're quite geeky to be honest. ;)

Kim L
10-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Just last week I found a Bananagram book. It is filled w/ different games you can play w/ the tiles. I found it at one of those game stores in an outlet mall. I've seen the tiles at Target.

Kim
10-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Just last week I found a Bananagram book. It is filled w/ different games you can play w/ the tiles. I found it at one of those game stores in an outlet mall. I've seen the tiles at Target.

Ooooh.....I will have to look for the book. We have the game and LOVE IT!!!:clap:

Kendall in GA
10-26-2009, 09:28 PM
LOVE it! :thumb: