PDA

View Full Version : Eggnog Creme Cupcakes!!!

CyndiinOKC
12-02-2009, 08:55 PM
OhMYNOODness!! These are sooo good! (If I do say so myself!)

I did it like this:

Made a yellow cake mix, but substituted eggnog for the water. Added a pinch of nutmeg to the batter.

Then, while it was baking made instant vanilla pudding, but substituted eggnog for the milk.

Put cupcakes in freezer b/c I am too impatient to let them cool all the way and let the pudding set up in the freezer....also due to impatience.

Loaded a 60cc syringe up with the pudding mixture and started squirtin~!

YUM!!

(You could use a pastry bag, but I couldn't find my tips and had the syringe handy.)

:yum:

picture on blog

Ging
12-02-2009, 09:00 PM
That sounds sooooo goooood. Ging

Tracey
12-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Sounds delicious! :yum:

Sue C
12-03-2009, 09:26 AM
:yum: I love these nice low fat Christmas recipes!!!!

Robin in Colorado
12-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Okay, this could be life altering. Especially if I use my home made eggnog!

ShayChristie
12-03-2009, 09:46 AM
:yum: I love these nice low fat Christmas recipes!!!!

:roflol:

CyndiinOKC
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey, SHAYCHRISTIE!!!! YOU WILL NOT GO AROUND HERE SHATTERING ILLUSIONS!! ;)

laurie in ok
12-04-2009, 11:34 PM
OK - did you fill the cupcakes with the pudding - like a filled donut? Or - did you put it on top? I was thinking frosting - but when I looked at the picture - it seemed more like filling. They sound amazing!!!!!

Michele WV
12-05-2009, 12:03 AM
MUCH better than noodle knitting, if I do say so myself :roflol: :yes:

CyndiinOKC
12-05-2009, 02:01 AM
OK - did you fill the cupcakes with the pudding - like a filled donut? Or - did you put it on top? I was thinking frosting - but when I looked at the picture - it seemed more like filling. They sound amazing!!!!!

Squirted it right in there! Filling, my dear! And, yes, Michele, better than noodle knittin' any day! :lol:

Kristina J
12-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Oh my goodness, I have GOT to make those!!! :yum:

Ami
12-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Whoa mama, that sounds good!

shalomew
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm! I can't wait to try these.

I have been making an Eggnog Christmas cookie for the last couple of years that sounds like this!

CyndiinOKC
12-08-2009, 02:14 AM
OOh, Shalome, I would LOVE to try your eggnog cookie recipe!

Barb Cash
12-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Well, aren't you the creative one! :clap: They do sound quite :yum: ! And I do think there is a bigger market for these than noodle sweaters! ;)

CyndiinOKC
12-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Barb, does that mean that you don't want the noodle sweater I just mailed to you? I used the Beef Ramen so if the dogs are hangin around your package you will know why! ;)

CyndiinOKC
12-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Oh, and I just wanted to add that I think that the implications of this discovery have the potential to be far-reaching.

Devil's Food cupcakes with coconut creme pudding filling

Spice cupcakes with pumpkin filling

White cupcakes with banana creme pudding filling (crushed Nilla wafers on top)

Oh, the possibilities when you load up huge syringes full of pudding! :yum: :lol:

Ronette in CA
12-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh, and I just wanted to add that I think that the implications of this discovery have the potential to be far-reaching.

Devil's Food cupcakes with coconut creme pudding filling

Spice cupcakes with pumpkin filling

White cupcakes with banana creme pudding filling (crushed Nilla wafers on top)

Oh, the possibilities when you load up huge syringes full of pudding! :yum: :lol:

Stop it!! Just stop it!!!!!!!:roflol:

I'll definitely be trying the eggnog cupcakes.;)

Tina B
12-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh Yuuuummmmmmmy !! My mouth is watering for these :yum:

ShayChristie
12-11-2009, 03:02 PM
We had some today and my kids gave them :thumb: :thumb: !

At the risk of bursting someone's illusions ;) , they are not low-fat, so I did not partake. :D

Oney
12-11-2009, 09:26 PM
At the risk of bursting someone's illusions ;) , they are not low-fat, so I did not partake. :D

Overachiever!

ShayChristie
12-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Overachiever!

Well, I hope I didn't come across like that! I'm on a very low fat diet right now due to gallbladder issues during pregnancy. Believe me, the past few weeks have been very hard. And we're still doing our regular baking and candy making and I can't eat most of it. :(

We made my favorite fudge yesterday and who knows if I'll be able to chance eating any. sigh...

CyndiinOKC
12-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Shay, that sounds so HARD! :sad:

Tami in IA
12-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I stayed away from this thread as long as I could stand!
These sound so delightful! :yum:
I think that I may be forced to make them for Christmas.

Charity White
12-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Well, I hope I didn't come across like that! I'm on a very low fat diet right now due to gallbladder issues during pregnancy. Believe me, the past few weeks have been very hard. And we're still doing our regular baking and candy making and I can't eat most of it. :(

We made my favorite fudge yesterday and who knows if I'll be able to chance eating any. sigh...

Did you know (I'm sure you do) that you could replace the oil with applesauce... could you have one then - if you used lower fat eggnog?

Today I saw eggnog mix at the store that you can mix with anything - soy milk, fat free milk, etc. Pretty cool! :santawink:

CyndiinOKC
12-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm making more for our co-op Christmas party tomorrow.

I'm considering making some Devil's Food with coconut creme fillling. YUM! :yum:

Oney
12-20-2009, 06:27 PM
:blush: Oh Shay! I'm so sorry my remark came off as a smart-arse remark! No you did not sound that way. I'm being ornery!! :group:

Ami
11-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Just had to bump this for the poor souls who missed it the first time around!

Gitel in nj
11-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Just had to bump this for the poor souls who missed it the first time around!

Wait a minute...these posts are from 2009??? :eek: How did I miss them? and Shay has the gallbladder issue resolved?
Cyndi, how were the chocolate coconut cupcakes??

BethInOK
11-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Oooh.. I'm gonna have to try this! My dh LOVES eggnog!

Susan Seaman
11-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Did you make frosting, too, or leave them unfrosted?

CyndiinOKC
11-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Nope, I left them unfrosted. I put way too much eggnog creme into each cupcake and they were bursting with the creme, so no frosting needed. :kiss:

Dawn Gilmore
11-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Cyndi... when you are making the creme fillings, one thing I like to do, is to take the pudding mix, and replace the milk with heavy cream, (I wouldn't do that with the eggnog recipe, because you'd lose the eggnog flavor, but for other flavors.. :yum: and use the blender to whip it, it becomes a mousse-like consistency... :yum: (and nothing remotely healthy or low-fat about it ;))

CyndiinOKC
11-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Cyndi... when you are making the creme fillings, one thing I like to do, is to take the pudding mix, and replace the milk with heavy cream, (I wouldn't do that with the eggnog recipe, because you'd lose the eggnog flavor, but for other flavors.. :yum: and use the blender to whip it, it becomes a mousse-like consistency... :yum: (and nothing remotely healthy or low-fat about it ;))

Ohwow. I think I need a Lipitor now! :lol:

Lipitor: The Low Cholesterol Dinosaur. ;)

Merrilee Morse
12-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Okay, one question. Who keeps syringes in their house? I am afraid I don't even have one of those thingumees with tips; if I need to pipe stuff onto something, I just put the frosting or whatever in a ziplock bag and cut one corner. I certainly cannot afford to buy any right now, so I may never know how good and decadent these are. Sigh.

Nancy Ann
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Okay, one question. Who keeps syringes in their house? I am afraid I don't even have one of those thingumees with tips; if I need to pipe stuff onto something, I just put the frosting or whatever in a ziplock bag and cut one corner. I certainly cannot afford to buy any right now, so I may never know how good and decadent these are. Sigh.

I love your avatar picture of your new grandbaby!! How sweet!

I think you could easily cut some of the middle of the cupcake and fill with the filling and put some of the cake back on top. You could fill them not as full and also do an eggnog frosting to cover up the whole.

We have a Christmas party to go to this weekend for my husbands work and I have been watching Cup Cake Wars on Food Network and thought I should make cupcakes for the party. I will make these along with some chocolate cherry ones. I need some sort of a cherry frosting filling.

CyndiinOKC
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Yep, I only used that huge syringe because I worked at a hospital at the time and we used them for water fights. :roflol:

ziploc bags or piping bags work just fine!