PDA

View Full Version : ok I can't keep up...

Trish A
08-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Any chance we could have a little roll call of g-tube mommas (past and present) so I know who to go to with questions? Also, if you have experience with the nissen fundo let me know.

Thanks!

AmyinWI
08-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Gtube momma here,although fairly new (since June)
We're still learning,too - but doing much better,the first month was rough!

Leslie Nelsen
08-23-2010, 12:14 AM
I am too! :hi: We had an ng-tube and also a g-tube. It came out in Mar '08.

AshleyS
08-23-2010, 12:31 AM
I rarely post, but I'm here--g-tube, nissen and all!

Chalane (FL)
08-24-2010, 12:30 AM
1 g-tube kid (for 10yrs now) and 1 nissan kid.

Trish A
08-24-2010, 11:51 AM
well now that I have you all corralled in one thread...can I post a pic of his tummy and have you judge whether or not it's "too red" or just normal healing?

ETA: I forgot my camera is loaned out...wonder if my phone can take a decent enough picture?

Loralin
09-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Josiah has a g-tube. We're not using the pump much right now, since it comes undone at night and splatters formula everywhere! Josiah's g-tube is leaking really bad too. He is right in between sizes for the Bard button. He's had it for many years, but has just started having real problems this past year.

AmyinWI
09-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Gabe never had redness while it was healing,just a little pink color, and some crusty drainage.
But he did (and still does) get the granulation tissue every month or so.But even that is just pink, and kind of moist looking. I hope that stops soon, because I hate using the silver nitrate sticks, those scare me!

Kayla M
09-11-2010, 11:57 PM
My 10 year old. Elijah has had a feeding tube since he was 2.

When he gets red around his button I have him to play in the tub for a long while, soap up around his button and play for a while.

Marie IN
09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
My son has a gtube and a Nissen. For us the nissen has worked well. When he first got it, we had some initial problems with redness and granulation tissue. Now if we keep it dry it looks good. If I start to see some redness, I put on a layer of desitin.

Trish A
09-14-2010, 09:03 PM
The Nissen is a dream come true. I haven't been thrown up on in nearly a month now! It was always so hard to work so hard to feed him, only to have it all come right back up a few minutes later. :(

Well the surgeon said he was healing perfectly, and the redness is gone except for his granulation tissue. That is some nasty stuff. Can't wait to see the dr Monday and get something done about it.

Thanks for all the tips about keeping it in good shape!

Marie IN
09-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Glad to hear it's working for him!

Tiffany
03-17-2011, 09:05 PM
My son had a g-tube for his first three years. Happy to help if I can.