PDA

View Full Version : The Quiet Way Home

Ely in Chicago
04-18-2007, 03:47 PM
This book has been difficult for me to find but my library finally ordered a copy for me to borrow from another library! :clap:

Anyone wants to share some of the things that you enjoyed doing with this book?

AshleyC
04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Ooo I'll be watching this thread. We're going to do that in about 2 weeks.

Denise, Guam
04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
I remember enjoying the "game" over and over where we would go into a room of the house and one of us would close eyes and the other would make a noise and the first person would try to determine what the noise was; and other "sense" games like that.

AndreaD
04-18-2007, 07:03 PM
This is one of our ALL time favorites. I don't know that we've really done anything other than what's in the manual- there were so many fun things in the manual- This is one I'm still waiting to own- since it's OOP it's hard to find. When we go on walks, and around town, we always talk about taking the "quiet way home" When we read this book we talked about Elijah on the mountain and how the Lord spoke to him in a quiet voice, and how the Holy Spirit speaks to us in quiet voices that we need to listen to carefully. There is a book Called Listening Walk ? by Aliki that we loved as a go-along.

Shannon
04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
I can't wait for us to do this one. My library can get it through ILL. Have any of you ever tried to color copy it? I've heard that it's O.K. if it's OOP. Anyone know the logistics of doing that? Do you have to get some sort of permission, etc.? I've thought of doing it for this one. The cheapest copy I've ever found on Ebay was about $50. :eek:

AshleyC
04-19-2007, 06:57 AM
I had also been wondering about color copying as well. I've been thinking about just scanning some of the OOP books, but really didn't want to do it if you're not supposed to (I'm such a rule follower!), plus, I would think some books might be too wide for my scanner.

AndreaD
04-19-2007, 08:56 AM
If I understand right- someone has posted the link to the law before- but Since it is OOP, educators can make 1 copy for their personal use according to the copyright laws. Maybe I'll get the book from ILL again and copy it.

I keep watching on ebay, one of these days I'm just going to have to break down and spend $50. I even emailed the author and asked if was going to come back in print. :( She said no.

Holly S
04-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I finally made a color copy of this book(and Yellow Ball).

Kristin in CA
04-19-2007, 01:41 PM
We love this book! My ds loved doing the art- I believe it had to do with using primary color. He drew a little city and painted things red, blue and yellow.

DD in IL
04-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I bought Yellow Ball for youngest dgs; we haven't rowed it yet though.

Ely in Chicago
04-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Denise, I loved that game idea with noises. I think my boys would love to try something like that. :clap:

I think I am going to make a copy of this book for myself as well.