PDA

View Full Version : I love Christmas shows!

Nedra
11-21-2010, 10:55 AM
I know...random. But I LOVE them! I love The Santa Claus movies. Love A Christmas Story. Last year I bought one of those Christmas sets with the Frosty the Snowman shows, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, among many others. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas show. It never gets old.

I love playing Christmas CD's in my kitchen. Yesterday I went to the 99 cent store and got 10 of those big plastic Christmas plates and those cute bags that cover them. I am literally giddy at the thought of baking with my 3 girls and delivering treats to friends.

I love going into Target and looking at lighted trees and ornaments. My girls and I are recreational Target shoppers. We go weekly just to walk around. I love seeing all of the decorations!

I know it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, but I can't help it.

Can anyone relate?

Marcia
11-21-2010, 11:34 AM
:santagrin:

Nancy Ann
11-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Yes!

I love that you say you are a recreational Target shopper!! That is so funny!:lol:

I guess I am a recreational Michaels or Joann's shopper!

Nedra
11-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes!

I love that you say you are a recreational Target shopper!! That is so funny!:lol:

Nancy Ann, one of the happiest days of my life was the day our new Target store opened 5 minutes away. Oh my...major joy.

Judyn
11-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Ditto on the Christmas movies...our family watches a Christmas themed movie together, every night, starting Thanksgiving day. :clap:

...And it doesn't have to be Christmas time for me to watch Elf! Elf is my favorite:lol:

DD in IL
11-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Well I have already watched most of my Christmas DVD's this week and have a Christmas cd in the player in the car....hmmmmm, no can't relate at all LOL.

TennLynette
11-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Oooooh, I LOVE Christmas shows too!!

In fact, I'm wrapping Christmas DVDs this year to do like the Christmas book basket--open one a day until Christmas.

We don't have the necessary 24-25 but we have quite a few!

(We'll still do the book basket too! I LOVE Christmas!!)

Judyn
11-21-2010, 03:08 PM
ummmm, I am relatively new to this board...or maybe it doesn't have to do with this board and I am just pop culture ignorant :lol: but I don't know what a book basket is...sounds fun though

Julie in AZ
11-21-2010, 03:22 PM
My dh and I did Christmas shopping today! I can't wait for Advent to start next Sunday. :hop: I love Advent and Christmas! :D

Rebe
11-21-2010, 03:41 PM
...And it doesn't have to be Christmas time for me to watch Elf! Elf is my favorite:lol:

We also love Christmas movies (our most recent thing has been to watch a different Christmas Carol every year until we run out of options), but we've never seen ELf! It's my #1 must-see this Christmas.

ummmm, I am relatively new to this board...or maybe it doesn't have to do with this board and I am just pop culture ignorant :lol: but I don't know what a book basket is...sounds fun though

Probably more from this board than pop culture. It's where an ambitious mom gift wraps 24 or 25 children's christmas books (ones you already own or from the library) and puts them in a basket. Each day, a child gets to pick one book for the family to read together. I'm sure there are variations on this idea, but that's pretty much how it goes. I did this one year. My dc loved it but all the wrapping was just too much for me. :lol: Plus, I'm so frugal (cheap) that I felt like I was wasting wrapping paper. So now we just put the books in a basket unwrapped and still pick at least one each day to read, usually more.

Jennifer Unsell
11-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I can totally relate, Nedra! To all of the above!

One of my gratitude posts on my blog this past week was about all of the above.

It all makes me feel giddy too. We started watching Christmas movies and playing Christmas music a few weeks ago. The girls and I were at Walmart this past week getting our Thanksgiving dinner stuff and we checked out the 5$ movie bins. They had two different DVD's that had 4 Christmas movies on each. They were older Hallmark and ABC Family Christmas movies. I had the guy check the price on the scanner because I couldn't believe we were getting 4 Christmas movies for only 5$. We bought both of the DVD's so we ended up with 8 new Christmas movies. ;)

I love the Santa Claus movies too! And I don't think I have ever seen a Hallmark or ABC Family Christmas movie that I haven't really enjoyed.

We also enjoy Christmas with the Kranks, White Christmas, the Home Alone movies, Snowglobe, and so many others. I am really looking forward to our Holiday baking too. :D: clap:

Nedra
11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
I can totally relate, Nedra! To all of the above!

One of my gratitude posts on my blog this past week was about all of the above.

It all makes me feel giddy too. We started watching Christmas movies and playing Christmas music a few weeks ago. The girls and I were at Walmart this past week getting our Thanksgiving dinner stuff and we checked out the 5$ movie bins. They had two different DVD's that had 4 Christmas movies on each. They were older Hallmark and ABC Family Christmas movies. I had the guy check the price on the scanner because I couldn't believe we were getting 4 Christmas movies for only 5$. We bought both of the DVD's so we ended up with 8 new Christmas movies. ;)

I love the Santa Claus movies too! And I don't think I have ever seen a Hallmark or ABC Family Christmas movie that I haven't really enjoyed.

We also enjoy Christmas with the Kranks, White Christmas, the Home Alone movies, Snowglobe, and so many others. I am really looking forward to our Holiday baking too. :D: clap:

I love Christmas with the Kranks! I can't believe I forgot to mention that one. I may watch that one today.

Nancy Ann
11-21-2010, 04:23 PM
I love Christmas with the Kranks too! Tim Allen is just really great and i love the Queen of Scream!!(Jamie Lee Curtis)

I also love Scrooged with Bill Murray. It's more adult and older kids than for younger kids probably, but it's a fav for my husband and I to watch together.

Muppet Christmas is my favorite to watch every year, I love the music.

Judyn
11-21-2010, 07:12 PM
For those that like White Christmas...check out Holiday Inn....It is actually how the song White Christmas came to the world. Bing Crosby is in it as well, and I think it is funnier...even though it is less known.

Melanie
11-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Just a moment ago, I went to the ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas website to check out the schedule (http://a.media.abcfamily.go.com/a/media/pdf/25DOC_ProgramGuide_2010.pdf) for this year. I love, love, love Christmas and I am really working hard to make it extra special for my kiddos this year. I have already been shopping twice and I am planning to shop on Black Friday as well, even though I'm not shopping for any of the huge deals. I just love the season and the excitement of it. (And I love being able to use this smilie!) - :santasmile:

Jennifer Unsell
11-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I was looking through our Christmas movies today and thought of you, Nedra. ;) If you haven't seen Moonlight and Mistletoe, Snowglobe, The Most Wonderful Time of Year, or Christmas Cottage (about artist Thomas Kinkades childhood) check those out- they are more of our favorites. :D If you netflix- Christmas Cottage is on play instantly right now.

Jennifer Unsell
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
For those that like White Christmas...check out Holiday Inn....It is actually how the song White Christmas came to the world. Bing Crosby is in it as well, and I think it is funnier...even though it is less known.

Yes! We love Holiday Inn here too. I have it in our netflix queue. ;)

Nedra
11-24-2010, 09:59 AM
I was looking through our Christmas movies today and thought of you, Nedra. ;) If you haven't seen Moonlight and Mistletoe, Snowglobe, The Most Wonderful Time of Year, or Christmas Cottage (about artist Thomas Kinkades childhood) check those out- they are more of our favorites. :D If you netflix- Christmas Cottage is on play instantly right now.

Thank you Jennifer! :kiss: I made a note of these, and yes, we Netflix!

MichelleTN
11-24-2010, 11:10 AM
I love Christmas movies too. :santagrin: My tv mostly stays on Hallmark and ABC Family this time of the year. :santawink:

Some of my very favorites are
The Christmas Card
Fallen Angel
The Christmas Choir
The Polar Express
The Santa Clause
Home Alone 1 & 2
Charlie Brown Christmas

Joy in Alabama
11-24-2010, 07:38 PM
If you like old movies, you might like Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck or Holiday Affair with Robert Mitchum and Janet Lee. We can't wait to watch those! Netflix has both. Oh, and Shop Around the Corner with Jimmy Stewart!

Nedra
11-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Oh, and Shop Around the Corner with Jimmy Stewart!

This is one of my all time favorites!!!

Nedra
11-26-2010, 03:58 PM
If you netflix- Christmas Cottage is on play instantly right now.

Thank you so much Jennifer! We watched this last night and it was a great movie.

Jennifer Unsell
11-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Thank you so much Jennifer! We watched this last night and it was a great movie.

I am so glad you enjoyed it. It's a fav of mine. You may already know this but wanted to mention in case not. Type into your search on your browser ABC Family Watch and pull up that link. You can watch various Christmas movies online. We learned this last year. You will see a section for watching full episodes or clips- under full episodes their are a few of our favorites like A Holiday for Love, I'll be Home for Christmas, Snowglobe, A Christmas Romance. Snowglobe they have advertised in the side column as the feature movie. You have to click on the pictures to see the titles of the movies and make sure you go past page one as their three pages of them listed. :D We watched some on the Hallmark Channel website as well last year.