PDA

View Full Version : Volume 4 Availability

Kris B
11-27-2010, 06:33 PM
I am ready to research volume 4 which we will begin some time next year. However, I cannot access the FIAR ordering page. I see the digital units are available individually, and I found a printed version of volume 4 at Rainbow Resource for $75. Is Volume 4 really $75? Did you all buy the digital units or the printed version?
Thanks.
Kris

Kendra AU
11-27-2010, 06:41 PM
I went with the printed version, but at the time FIAR didn't ship internationally so after months of scouring I found it used. It's not readily available that way though.

Yes, it's really $75 because it has the cookbook, Bible Character, and Manual all in one. The discs are also in the back. Each book is often rowed for 2 full weeks. :D

Tracey
11-27-2010, 09:13 PM
I bought The Bravest of Us All digital unit which is not in volume 4 but is like the titles in volume 4 to make sure we would be able to use it, and it has been our favorite volume so far. It is worth the money. You could easily use it for 1 year so 1 full year of comprehensive curricula for $75.

Kris B
11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks. That's a great idea to start with The Bravest of us All digital unit. I can't wait to get started! :D Thank you both for your answers.

Tracey
11-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks. That's a great idea to start with The Bravest of us All digital unit. I can't wait to get started! :D Thank you both for your answers.

I really think you will like it. There is a lot to do so do not try and do it all.

Anngee
12-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi folks,
I'm new here. I did a little with BFIAR two years ago, and I had stumbled upon a brand new copy of Volume 4 at a school store that was going out of business, so I got it for under $20. I'm thinking of doing some FIAR again. My daughter is 6, and I'm wondering if I can do Volume 4 which says for ages 7-8, or should I really get Volumes 1, 2 or 3. Do you have to do Vol. 1 first, then go on to Vol. 2, or can you do these in any order?

Thanks,
Ann

Kendall in GA
12-08-2010, 06:45 PM
My daughter is 6, and I'm wondering if I can do Volume 4 which says for ages 7-8, or should I really get Volumes 1, 2 or 3. Do you have to do Vol. 1 first, then go on to Vol. 2, or can you do these in any order?

Thanks,
Ann

I'd definitely hold off on Vol. 4 with a 6yo. :yes: I'd recommend that you start with Vol. 1-3. You can use Vol. 1-3 interchangeably, i.e. you do not have to use them in order. In fact, you can skip around between volumes. IMO, Vol. 4 is best for 8/9 yo or 3rd grade (or thereabout).

HTH!