PDA

View Full Version : do you have (or have you tried) UGGS?

Rachel
11-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes, it's a shoe question again. I do not like the traditional Uggs. Unless the Lord specifically tells me to (or something big), I won't be buying those. But I have found some Ugg boots that I think are cute. I would like to get a pair of boots, mostly to wear with skirts, and I'm having trouble. One thing that kills me is the cost of boots.
Well... here they are: http://www.zappos.com/ugg-rosabella-black-suede

I also like these: http://www.zappos.com/born-pickett-vanille-full-grain-leather
I just don't know if they are too funky for me.

I just got a pair of boots today from endless but I don't know if they are what I want.... so they might be going back. I found a pair at Target which were only $50 (!!! unheard of for boots!!!) but they are never there in my size.

So I guess I'd like to hear what you think about Uggs if you've tried them on before.

Marcia
11-30-2010, 03:27 PM
My husband brought me back a pair from New Zealand years ago. I liked them, but I didn't think they were anything special. I think JCPenney's has some cute boots.

Kendra AU
11-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Um, well I think they are ugly, hence the name. ;) Here the real ones are made of sheep wool on the inside and soft leather on the outside. They keep your feet snug and warm. My dh and the kids have them, I'd rather wear wool socks then Ug boots. ;) They are called Ug"ly" for a reason. :lol:

Many people also wear them around town, but honestly that drives me insane! However, I won't challenge an Australian icon; and that's exactly what an Ug Boot is. :D

Sheryl in NH
11-30-2010, 04:25 PM
I bought a pair 6 years ago, maybe longer - and I still wear the same pair. Alot. We are a skiing family, so I am standing outside in the cold & snow for hours watching practice or races a minimum of 4 times a week. Love my Uggs.

Before these boots I had bought a variety of very good insulated boots, but I still always had cold feet. They would all work for a while, but eventually my toes got cold. Not Uggs. In fact, I can't wear them indoors or my feet will be uncomfortably warm.

The knock-off look-alikes aren't even half as warm. I don't know why. Maybe the quality of the hide? Whatever the reason, I'm sold on Uggs.

ETA - mine are the traditional ugly-but-warm kind. I don't know if the ones you linked would be too warm or not, but if you plan plan to wear them indoors I'd be careful.

Kendall in GA
11-30-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't have any Uggs; but, I walked by the Uggs store in NYC (Manhattan) on Black Friday and the line to get in was out of the door! :surprise: I couldn't believe it!! There must have been some kinda sale. Who knew that people would be so eager to buy some shoes?! :lol:

rachelmn
11-30-2010, 05:01 PM
You can order boots online from Target. ;) More sizes available.

Sue C
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
From cold Montana comes a hardy YAY for Uggs!! Now, that being said, I have not seen the fashionable Uggs from your link here in Montana. :lol: We have the nice ugly Uggs here. :D Comfortable and WARM!

Michele
11-30-2010, 09:05 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE Uggs here! We have cold weather November-April and they keep our toes toasty and warm. My girls have had a wide variety of styles but I have the boots with the rawhide laces. I'm not sure that I'd recommend the rawhide laces because it is somewhat difficult (at times nearly impossible) to keep them well tied!!! The best thing about Uggs (aside from the warmth) is that they are comfy without socks. I hate washing little socks!!! AND I save so much time not waiting for the girls to chat with their friends and ever so sloowly tie their shoes when I've been at the gym for 4.5 hours and can't WAIT to get home every night!!! In the spirit of full disclosure, my oldest dd (she's 17) prefers Emus. She thinks that they are more comfortable than Uggs.

Rachel
11-30-2010, 09:25 PM
You can order boots online from Target. ;) More sizes available.

Oh, thank you! :thumb: I think I'll go check it out to see if I can find what I want on there!

Rachel
11-30-2010, 09:50 PM
O.k. bummer, I checked Target online and they didn't have the boots that I had seen and tried on at Target. Why didn't I get them when I saw them at Target? Well, the first time I wasn't sure I wanted them. I went back and they were gone. The second time they had my size, they weren't in a box and had scratches on the foot part. I thought if I was going to have scratches on my boots, I'd like to be the one to make them.

I did see another boot that I liked on Target but then noticed that it said they were all sold out.

I did try JCPenneys online too and found 3 boots I liked but all of them didn't have my size. I doubt I will go to the mall to look at boots with my 4 with me.

I don't really need the Uggs for warmth. I want them cause I thought they were cute! ;) :lol:

Ahhhh... well, I guess maybe a pair of boots isn't for me this year. I'm not really hurting on shoes, I was just jonesing for a pair of boots.

deleise
11-30-2010, 10:31 PM
I ordered this pair (http://www.zappos.com/ugg-bailey-button-triplet-grey-sheepskin) a couple of days ago, so I can give you a better opinion soon! I thought the buttons were cute and kind of a new twist on the plain ones. I've resisted them for a few years and finally just decided to get some. They're going to be my winter version of flip flops.:lol:

Oney
12-01-2010, 07:09 PM
You really think they're ugly? :lol: I think they look warm, cozy, comfy...anything but ugly. Sure, I wouldn't want to wear a slinky dress with them but for jeans... you bet! I bought Morgan a pair for Christmas.

deleise
12-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I ordered this pair (http://www.zappos.com/ugg-bailey-button-triplet-grey-sheepskin) a couple of days ago, so I can give you a better opinion soon! I thought the buttons were cute and kind of a new twist on the plain ones. I've resisted them for a few years and finally just decided to get some. They're going to be my winter version of flip flops.:lol:
I. AM. IN. LOVE with these boots. I may never take them off.:clap: My feet are so cozy and comfy:)

Gitel in nj
12-03-2010, 06:55 AM
I. AM. IN. LOVE with these boots. I may never take them off.:clap: My feet are so cozy and comfy:)

Deleise, those Uggs are adorable. I might have to ask for a pair for Channukah (or Christmas!)

To the rest of you who own them...How do you keep them clean? Around here they use so much salt and sand when it rains. I would think they get a mess..

carolinaNJ
12-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Deleise, your boots look fantastic!

HOWEVER, ladies, her in NJ it doesn't get that cold in winter (30 at night) AND my girls know that there is no way we can afford uggs so they have asked for FUGGS!!!

Fake - uggs... That's the term apparently, at least in our town. :lol:

Gitel in nj
12-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Deleise, your boots look fantastic!

HOWEVER, ladies, her in NJ it doesn't get that cold in winter (30 at night) AND my girls know that there is no way we can afford uggs so they have asked for FUGGS!!!

Fake - uggs... That's the term apparently, at least in our town. :lol: I agree they are very expensive, and I am always surprised at the number of kids (my niece included) who have them...at least for an adult your foot stays the same size!

Yes, they are called FUGGS here too :roflol:

I don't know where you are in NJ, but during the winter here it gets considerably colder than 30 at night, in fact, it gets colder than that during the day. Brrrrrr.....

Renelle
04-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Um, well I think they are ugly, hence the name. ;) Here the real ones are made of sheep wool on the inside and soft leather on the outside. They keep your feet snug and warm. My dh and the kids have them, I'd rather wear wool socks then Ug boots. ;) They are called Ug"ly" for a reason. :lol:

Many people also wear them around town, but honestly that drives me insane! However, I won't challenge an Australian icon; and that's exactly what an Ug Boot is. :D

HAHAHAHAAA,:roflol:

I am wearing a knee high pair as we speak. I go for comfort over fashion everytime.

Mine are medium brown with lace ups at the sides, and go almost to my knee.

I love them, but I DO NOT wear them out of the house!

Blessings, Renelle