PDA

View Full Version : Night Owls/late day wellness

Rachel Jane
12-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Those of you who are like me and you feel better as the day progresses:

When it is say...8pm and you feel well for the first time that day :eyes: do you just enjoy it and go on with what you are usually doing or ride the wellness wave and try to get as much done as possible?

Do you stay up later while you are feeling well in order to get more done?

Kendra AU
12-07-2010, 04:35 AM
I get this if I'm having a wicked migraine day and it finally breaks. I can suddenly be wide awake and raring to go. In which case sleep is basically impossible for me. I generally stay up reading, researching on the computer, crocheting/crating of some sort.

Jessica Vega
12-07-2010, 02:29 PM
When it is say...8pm and you feel well for the first time that day :eyes: do you just enjoy it and go on with what you are usually doing or ride the wellness wave and try to get as much done as possible?

Do you stay up later while you are feeling well in order to get more done?

I definitely take advantage of the times that I'm feeling well.... these days, I tend to stay up much later than I ever have. :crazy: At first I'd try to make myself go to bed and stay on a somewhat normal schedule... but then nothing was getting done because I was sleeping during the hours when I felt I could be somewhat productive. Now I just go with it. If I'm feeling well, have some energy and want to do some work, I don't care how late it gets. It's amazing that I can be going strong and look at the clock to see it's 2:00 am! :lol:

Lynn,NC
12-16-2010, 12:06 PM
RJ, my new doctor says that a burst of late energy is often a sign of adrenal fatigue, which can definitely come on with other illnesses, especially, as in my case, with thyroid or other glandular issues. Add to the mix that we are all trying to do so much! :lol:

I am so like what you and Jess just described. Sometimes in the evenings I'll suddenly realize, "Wow! I feel great! Finally like myself." And it'll be 11 p.m. and I realize there's no way I'll be able to fall asleep before midnight or 1 a.m.

I try really hard to be asleep by midnight because I have to be up the next morning and I feel so horrible without 8 hours of sleep.