PDA

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia?

HeatherS
12-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Since about two years ago, I have been dealing with frequent, crushing pains that come on rather suddenly, last about 5-10 minutes, then fade away. They happen usually in two places at once, usually on the same side of my body. For example, several minutes ago I got one of these pains just above my right knee and also in my inner upper right arm. These pains happen several times a day.They happen most often in my toes, knees, thighs, fingers, wrists, forearms, upper arms, and most recently, in my right eye. The pain that happens in my eye isn't in my eyeball, but rather all around it and is different from the eye pain I get when I'm about to get a migraine, which happens fairly often lately.
I've also found that my ribs, knees, thighs and upper arms are very sensitive when touched.
I've had several people suggest that perhaps it's fibro. I know I ought to just go to the Dr. and get checked out. I just thought I'd ask from some input from anyone who has BTDT. Oh, I don't now if this is relevant, but I have poly-cystic ovaries.
Thank you!

RobinM
12-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Hey Heather,

First of all, I'm sorry you are dealing with all of that. :(

I have some chronic health issues, including fibro. I'm no expert but for me, the pain isn't so sporadic. It is typically a dull, constant pain and is mostly targeted to my joints. This past Spring I found out that I am sensitive to gluten, corn and soy and after excluding those things from my diet, I am feeling like a new person! I do still have bad days but nothing like what I was going through a year ago. I would suggest finding a good chiropractor in your area, one who specializes in nutrition and muscle response testing. I actually have two awesome chiros... one I see for nutrition and some structure needs and another that focuses on adjustments. Going to them both regularly has made a huge difference for me. I got nowhere with traditional doctors.

Anyway, I hope that helps a little... Feel free to Pm me if I can be of more help.

God Bless,

Robin

carolinaNJ
12-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I can imagine, as one single parent to another, how hard everything must be when you are feeling that way.

My sisters both have Fibro, and their pain is characterized by being SYMMETRICAL. Like if they have pain in one shoulder, it tends to coincide with the pain in the other shoulder at the same time. But there are so many similar illnesses: Chronic fatigue, lupus, etc....

GET THEE TO A DOCTOR! Please?:group:

HeatherS
12-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Thank you, ladies! That's interesting, I never considered a link between gluten intolerance and these pains. I have a little sister with Celiac, so it's a definite possibility. I really do have the get to a dr. something after the "holi-daze!"

Jennifer Unsell
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Hey Heather,

First of all, I'm sorry you are dealing with all of that. :(

I have some chronic health issues, including fibro. I'm no expert but for me, the pain isn't so sporadic. It is typically a dull, constant pain and is mostly targeted to my joints.

Hi Heather,

Ditto to what Robin said. I have Fibro and it's not sporadic but a constant pain. I hope you can get some answers very soon. :group: