PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feeling overwhelmed?

Sue C
12-19-2010, 01:24 PM
So Christmas is in less than a week and I am just not ready. I am feeling so overwhelmed. This is my first Christmas in SO much pain. If my younger 2 weren't still so young I'd just wrap some money up. :lol: I guess I would like prayer from my 'pain sisters' as I call you! :group: I know that Christmas is in our hearts and minds, but my earthly mind wants to make it special in an earthly way for my kids. KWIM?

Thanks ladies. You are all special to me even though we've never met. Also, thanks for listening to me whine. :)

Lynn,NC
12-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Sue, I do feel overwhelmed this year. Honestly, my situation is less due to pain (BIG hugs to you for your pain) than it is to money and just my mind being like a sieve lately. :lol: I get something in my mind, knowing it's a good idea, get out my planner to write it down, look around and say, "Now why do I have my planner out?" :roflol:

Don't get too stressed. The biggest things are love and joy and having each other. I keep telling myself that. My children are getting very little this year. I have not sent out the first Christmas card, and usually by now I've taken a family photo, printed them out, and have my cards ready to go. Sigh. I'm just hoping I can manage to get my cards in the mail by Thursday or Friday.

:group:
Lynn

Jo in PRC
12-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I probably would be more overwhelmed if we hadn't decided to do major simplification this year. But I did have a long list for today and woke up with a headache. I think I'll take some pain meds and go back to bed and try again in a few hours.

Remember - some people in other countries celebrate into January, so don't be afraid to start a new tradition like opening a gift on New Year's Day or whatever helps removes some of the strain. We're sending cards for the Chinese New Year (in February!) this year.

Kendra AU
12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
:group: Sorry you're hurting and feeling overwhelmed by it all. I was earlier this month but I was suffering from one wickedly long migraine that wouldn't lift. Once it lifted and I could think straight again things have calmed down. Now I'm just busy being impatient for the package man..

Tracey
12-19-2010, 09:16 PM
I am looking forward to December 26th.

Rachel Jane
12-19-2010, 09:43 PM
:group:

Sheri
12-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Hope you are doing better.

Kayla M
12-20-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm sorry and I so know what your feeling.

Sue C
12-21-2010, 01:27 PM
:group: Thanks ladies. I actually did simplify this year. Thankfully we have never spent a lot of money on Christmas so I didn't feel like I had to get a bunch of gifts. (they each get one gift) But it's dumb things like stocking stuffers (youngest still believes in Santa) and baking. Baking I have given up on but it is Dec. 21st and I still haven't made it out due to pain. :sad: Guess I'll just pray that God lands good stocking stuffers for me in ONE place. :) Thanks for the love and hugs. :kiss: