PDA

View Full Version : Back on chemo

Kayla M
12-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Last week was so hard on me, I have been so very sick. I made a doctor's appointment and it seemed like Thursday would never get here.

I'm going to do chemo again for 6 weeks. I have so many mixed feelings about this. The chemo makes me so sick, but yet it might help.

I'm trying to figure out what to do for school for Elijah who is 10 and in the 4th grade. I've always been a unit study/lapbook/notebook kind of mom.
I signed him up for Time 4 Learning and he has TT4. I may or may not be able to even read FIAR books with him.

Does anyone here use Time 4 Learning? All I have done is sign him up and he has been clicking on subjects and then clicking on something under that subject to do. I'm sure I'm not getting the full benefit, but I just don't feel like reading and figuring it all out.

mariah m
12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I just reactivated my T4L subscription for Rebekah. Sometimes, we just need it. it's like having a tutor come in :) You can go in the parent area to print out a progress report that will serve as a record for your portfolio.

I've never experienced chemo, but I'm sure you want to go as easy on yourself as possible. T4L will be a great help, I'm sure.

Kendra AU
12-20-2010, 03:59 PM
:group: Kayla,

I'm not saying this is what you should do, but I wonder if for a while as you try to seek health if an open the text book type school would work better for your son.

Is he a strong reader? As in, can you give him a book to read at the beginning of the week and ask him to tell you about it through the week? Could he do an oral or written report and so on?

Lynn,NC
12-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Kayla, I'm sorry to hear you have to take the chemo again. I'm glad that it might offer you some benefit. I hope you have success from it. I have not looked into the programs you've mentioned, but they sound interesting. I've learned at this point to do "what I have to do" sometimes, in order to keep peace and avoid complete upheaval. In other words, if it keeps you sane and you can continue your homeschooling journey, well, it's just a season.

Big :group:

Lynn

Ginger in Ohio
12-20-2010, 09:33 PM
I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the difficult time you're going through, and I'm praying...