PDA

View Full Version : Who will be Henry?

Oney
04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
We are still rowing Henry and having a grand time. The boys were excited when I suggested we make Henry into a play and perform it for Nana & Papa.

They were starting to run to places and bring back stuff we could use for the play. They were even happy to write down the lists of things we'd need.

They both want to be Henry. :( How do I do this one?

Angela Paige
04-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Will your play have a couple of different scenes? If so, let them alternate turns. Or how about having one of them being Henry as the narrator retelling the story, and the other be Henry who acts out the story but doesn't have lines? Will either one of these solutions resolve your problem?

Paige

Mary FL
04-24-2007, 08:43 PM
This book looks so fun to row! Take turns being Henry. We have to set the timer a lot in this house. They don't argue with the timer!:lol:

Esther-Alabama
04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Henry was our favorite!!! My boys argued about who would be the DOG!!! They did not do a play, but they "played" it and both argued about being the dog! Finally made their littlest brother be the dog and the two of them were Henry's friends who went on his adventure, too! :eyes:

Perhaps they could each write a scene and play Henry in their respective scenes. OR....they could do a puppet show and each take a turn with Henry. Make paper cut-outs of Henry and the pup and put them on long sticks, drape a sheet across two chairs and do the show that way. We LOVE puppet shows!

Oney
04-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I think we are going to do a play and Ethan suggested an understudy. :lol:

This is what he said, "Well mom, you know how in the plays they have the other person who goes in for the first one when the first one gets tired or hurt? We could do that." Ethan---always the peacemaker. Gotta love that kid.

Henry is now our favorite!!!