PDA

View Full Version : Carrot Seed Go-Along

Robin in Colorado
04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
We just finished "Seeds! Seeds! Seeds!" by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace.

It is a wonderful book, a great go-along for "The Carrot Seed" and - if you get it well enough in advance of rowing Carrot Seed - you can do the projects in the book as some really fun science and art go-alongs as well.

I am gushing about this book.

Karrie AK
04-25-2007, 02:02 PM
we just read that same book. As I was reading it, the ideas were fludding my head. I have nieces in MI, that I would love to do this for. They would get a kick out of it. You can get colored sandwich bags and change the ideas a bit to fit your needs. The thoughts are churning. Also I just purchase a lapbook from hands of a child. bouquets and flowers I think is what it is. Oh, my the ideas from there are amazing as well. We have been rowing the carrot seed now for 3 weeks I think. We also have been planting planting and planting. Today we or my daughter planted 18 sunflower seeds in a egg carton, I hope it works. it will be her own flower garden. Books make me giddy to. I love them!!!!!.

Karrie

Waverley
04-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks for recommendation. I'm off to order a copy from our library.

Shannon
04-25-2007, 08:27 PM
This sounds like a great resource - thanks for recommending. Carrot Seed was the very first book we did last summer after discovering BFIAR, and we did have a lot of fun with gardening. I wasn't really planning on doing it again this year b/c there are some other spring/nature titles I want to get to. But now that you've mentioned this, maybe we'll just have to do Carrot Seed again at least for a little bit. :)

Tonya in Cali
04-25-2007, 10:12 PM
i'm not exactly sure what a "go-along" is but we found another great book to read during the week. Gavin really enjoyed Ten Seeds by Ruth Brown. not only did it have a countdown from 10 to 1 but it also went through the different stages of plant growth. we just read it as a bedtime story but it gave us more opportunity to reinforce our gardening theme.

Ely in Chicago
04-26-2007, 11:01 AM
..."Titch" by Pat Hutchins. A short story of a little boy and his older sibblings. At the end of the story his seed grows up to be a tall plant. Very humorous.

ChristinaK
04-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Robin, can you share some more about what types of projects are in the Seeds! Seeds! Seeds! book. Our library doesn't have it. I'm trying to cut back some on my book buying so I'd like a little more info before I decide if I want to order it.

karendg
04-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I just ordered this one from the library. Thanks for the recommendation!