PDA

View Full Version : FIAR co-ops

MichalL
12-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Are any of you apart of one? Are any of you involved in one in KS? I would love to be part of one, but don't think I would love forming one. ;)

carolinaNJ
12-24-2010, 12:13 AM
anyone in NJ interested in a FIAR Based coop?

Melany -KS
01-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Are any of you apart of one? Are any of you involved in one in KS? I would love to be part of one, but don't think I would love forming one. ;)

I'm in KS but don't know of any co-ops in my area and like you don't know if I really want to form one.

Where in KS are you?

MichalL
01-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Melany-I am in south-central KS, Wichita area :) .

Melany -KS
01-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Melany-I am in south-central KS, Wichita area :) .

Me to!

MichalL
01-10-2011, 04:57 PM
That is great Melany, we will have to figure something out!

ColleenT
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I am in a FIAR Co-op and love it!!!!

There are 6 families in it. We meet twice a month and rotate house and snack. We meet from 9 - 11 am.

We had a planning meeting to decide which books to row. We chose from Vol. 1 this year. It is up to the planning mom to decide which activity to do.

For my first time hosting, I chose A Pair of Red Clogs. We learned about Japanese culture. We learned how to make an origami treat cup and an origami whale. We also made Carp kites. The mom in charge of snack that week brought peanut butter and jelly (sushi) roll-ups and showed off her decorative chopsticks.

My family is so thankful for co-op!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MichalL
01-11-2011, 01:14 AM
Thank you Colleen, for that info. It sounds like so much fun, and I know my boys would love to identify themselves with other FIARs!