PDA

View Full Version : Angelo-History lesson ideas please

Wendy KY
04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
We are rowing Angelo right now. I must say that I got teary-eyed reading it the first time. It is such a sweet story :hcry:

Anyhoo, the first day, yesterday, we read the story and then read a go-along called Rome Antics, by the same author. We talked about the ancient ruins of Rome.

Today I wanted to go into the second lesson in the manual -- History: The City of Rome. My idea was to do a tri-fold. The cover would have a flag of Italy on top and an outline of Italy on the bottom with the words Rome, Italy in the center.

Open and the right-hand section would say, "Timeline of Rome Throughout the Ages"

Then it would open full-size. Here there would be a timeline drawn across the entire top portion. The first section would have 500BC at the edge of the line. Below would be a collage of clip-art of the Repulbic of Rome, an Ancient Roman coin, a picture of a Roman soldier, the Colosseum, and the Pantheon. The text in the center would be excerpted from the manual.

The middle section would have 1420AD on the left and 1600AD on the right. Here would be a collage showing the Italian Renaissance as described in the manual.

The last secton would say Today on the timeline and would have clip-art showing Vatican City, and people of today.

This all sounds pretty neat, but I seem to be doing all the work with finding clip-art and such.

What I would like is to make this more of Megan's thing than mine.

What ideas do you have to make either a simple timeline or activity for this lesson that is more a showing of her style?

Thanks so much for the help.:D

Mary FL
04-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Just wanted to say I've requested this book ILL some time ago. I'm going to purchase it, I think, because it sounds wonderful.

We're not even in Vol. 4, but I've been previewing the books.

I'll watch this thread.

Wendy KY
04-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Helloooo, what activities have your dc done for the History lesson in Angelo?:kiss:

AndreaD
04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Can't think of anything for your timeline activity- but my ds had a fun time exploring ancient rome, and all of Italy. He was especially interested in the Leaning Tower of Pisa. He even built a K'nex model of it.

Maybe study Julius Cesear and Cleopatra a bit?