PDA

View Full Version : How I lost 22lbs in 3 Months

CJ
01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Here is my story, as promised.
:D

So, yes, my friend did Medifast and had fantastic results. She raved about how well it works and has gotten at least 5 or 6 other people to give it a try. She gave me her leftover stuff and I was not impressed with the taste, but used it for 3 weeks after making a vow. I lost 8 lbs by the end of the 21 days.

I felt so much better and my stomach acid problems went away so I decided I wanted to keep going until the end of the year. I realized carbs were totally trashing my body - I'm too sensitive to them. I have so much more steady energy now.

Since I couldn't afford to buy more MF, I kept what I could of the program and made adjustments to come up with my own modified program:

1. Absolutely drinking ice water in my cute water thermos all day. Drinking around 8oz before meals.
2. Eating 6 times a day. Period. No skipping or forgetting allowed. Eat every 2.5 - 3 hours. Eat within an hour of waking.
3. 5 meals are small and the 6th is my "lean and green".
4. The lean and green is a protein / salad or veggie combo.
5. If you're feeling too hungry, you can have up to 3 pieces of sugar free gum a day or a pickle.
6. Write down the times you eat. I used the free form at Medifast.
7. You can log your food for free at Medifast. I did for the first month until I was strong.
8. Nibble and eat tiny, tiny bites to make your meal last longer. This REALLY HELPED!!
9. No more than 3 cups coffee - no sugar or cream aloud. I drank tea instead.
10. No alcohol - don't need the calories.

My 5 meals a day were either a bar, a shake, a cup of hot chocolate, 1 cup cottage cheese, 10 almonds.

My Lean & Green meal was either 7oz chicken with a tomato, zuchini and mushroom mix OR a salad.

The bars I buy MUST have 17g of carbs or LESS per serving. If I eat on time, I am never starving. I did not start any exercise for 4 months.

I can give more specifics and links if anyone wants them. This has been an inexpensive and simple way to finally lose the weight of 5 pregnancies. It's gone so well, that the end of the year has come and gone and I am still eating on program. It's been that easy to maintain. Each month, I have had one day that was a special event and I have ate normal food. One time it was pizza. Another time it was turkey and stuffing. Another time was ham and scalloped potatoes. I don't stuff myself, but I do enjoy anything on the table on a salad size plate. It was fun to have a special day to look forward to and enjoy a family gathering.

I take bars if I go to any other gatherings during the month. Or I only choose veggies to snack on at the food table along with a few almonds in my purse. No carrots allowed, tho. I focus on visiting and stay away from the food table. I am going to continue until spring and see if I can lose another 10-20 lbs. I started at 202. I'm at 180 right now and am 5'4". I weighed 168 when I first got pregnant in 1993. I weighed 147 at my wedding and I weighed 133 after working as a camp counselor hiking hills. If I could get to the 150's or 160's that would be great. My work is pretty sedentary. The women in my family are curvy.

I do have full food lists if someone wants them. Also - a key to my success was that I emailed my friend EVERY DAY and told her exactly what I ate. That was a huge factor in why this is working for me. I still check in with her every week.

Kendall in GA
01-07-2011, 08:20 PM
:clap: Kudos!

Mary FL
01-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your success. :clap:

Negin
01-08-2011, 10:52 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
This looks really interesting and effective. Will be copying, pasting, and saving for later.
Thank you for sharing. :kiss:

Negin
01-09-2011, 04:26 AM
I can give more specifics and links if anyone wants them.
I do have full food lists if someone wants them.
CJ, congrats again! :clap: :D :clap:
Yes, please do share whenever you have some time. :)