PDA

View Full Version : Andy and the Circus!

Robin in Colorado
04-25-2007, 10:19 AM
We will be finishing Andy and the Circus this week. Today I plan to drag the children out in search of a tadpole to grow in the pretzle-barrel of water I have been aging on my counter for a week...

BUT... I got tickets to the small circus which will be in town this weekend. :hop:

We have never been to a circus because of 8yodd's peanut anaphylaxis. So, the children don't know what to expect, but I have been trying to prep them. We got circus music from the library and have been listening to it in the car, talking about how clowns are just daddies who have been playing in the dress-up box, etc.

This morning I was at Curves. There were posters there, and I got to bring home a circus poster! :hop:

And it gets better: This is a Shrine Circus. The wife of one of the very-involved local guys was working out next to me, and she gave me the "skinny" on how to choose seats, what time to get there, etc.

AND she told me if we get there early, leave our coats in our seats and rush to the paddocks, THEY WILL LET MY CHILDREN RIDE THE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

I can hardly stand myself, I am so excited!

Angela Paige
04-25-2007, 10:23 AM
yay! It sounds like this book has just really come together for you, Robin. :clap: I love it when that happens. :)

Paige

debbie in ak
04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Sounds like it is all coming together for this book! Cool!:clap:

ami*
04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
How exciting! I love with school = memories our children will never forget. :)

Mary FL
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Way to go! Let us know how you all enjoyed it!