PDA

View Full Version : FIAR Package Comes Tmw

Marcee
01-12-2011, 12:48 PM
:clap::clap: It won't be here until the end of the day so I'll need to wait until Friday to start up. Any advice on preparing or implementing for a newbie? Is it pretty straight forward? Anything you have found helpful?
Thanks!

PS. I hoping making sense. I only had a 1/2 cup of coffee today:wornout:

Judyn
01-12-2011, 01:08 PM
My advice...Go simple the first time so that you get a feel of it...and see just how great it is on its own! I add extras now, for the most part, but not as many as I did near the beginning. And there have been a couple that we did nothing...and the kids loved it and learned the same!

congratulations and enjoy!!!:clap::D

Michele
01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi Marcee! I'm so excited for you!!! I vividly remember the day that my first FIAR manual arrived. I curled up with a cup of tea, some post-it notes, a pad of paper and pencil (I'm a compulsive list maker). The manual is really straight forward and super user friendly. Enjoy your FIAR journey. We've been rowing for 13 years and my girls LOVE school and learning. Personally, I do too!! FIAR has been so much fun! My daughters have gleaned and retained a wealth of information as we've created some wonderful memories. Enjoy your journey!!!

Suz MamaFrog
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Marcee,

For easy FIAR planning, get yourself some sticky notes and a pen. Put three stickies on the "title" page of each unit. As you read through Jane's plans, write down which lessons you want to do on Sticky #1. On Sticky #2, any go -along picture books or print outs you want to add (keep it limited to one book or so per title, though so as not to overwhlem you and your dc.) On Sticky #3, any supplies, ingredients, etc. that you'll need to have on hand. That way, when it comes time to head to the library for the books, or to the grocery store, or whatever, you'll be prepared. Then, come Monday morning, you'll have everything ready and you can row merrily along through the week!

Blessings,
Suz

Tracey
01-12-2011, 02:41 PM
:clap: So exciting!

JessD
01-12-2011, 06:07 PM
For easy FIAR planning, get yourself some sticky notes and a pen. Put three stickies on the "title" page of each unit. As you read through Jane's plans, write down which lessons you want to do on Sticky #1. On Sticky #2, any go -along picture books or print outs you want to add (keep it limited to one book or so per title, though so as not to overwhlem you and your dc.) On Sticky #3, any supplies, ingredients, etc. that you'll need to have on hand. That way, when it comes time to head to the library for the books, or to the grocery store, or whatever, you'll be prepared. Then, come Monday morning, you'll have everything ready and you can row merrily along through the week!

Suz that is such a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Marcee, I'm excited for you! I was so excited when I got my FIAR manuals and couldn't wait to get started! You're going to have a blast! :)

Valerina
01-12-2011, 08:41 PM
So excited about the FIAR package! SO SORRY about the coffee! I must say you're doing remarkably well, given the circumstances. :)