PDA

View Full Version : Risperal?

TonyaP
01-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Anyone have a good experience with this?

Katherine in CA
01-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Tonya, my friend's ds did NOT tolerate this well and had some VERY unwelcome side effects. PM me if you'd like details.

Lamictal was the drug that worked absolute miracles for their son, along with an antidepressant.

HTH -- and :group:

AmyinWI
01-15-2011, 07:32 PM
I dont' have experience giving this to a child, but it is used occasionally at the nursing home I work at, for patients with dementia and behavior problems. It can work well, but like Katherine said, it can have some neg. side effects.
I would be especially cautious using this in a child. I guess it depends on the severity of why they need to take it in the first place.

mariah m
01-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Do you mean Risperdal? I saw something really alarming about this recently, but don't have the link. It cased breast growth in one young boy.

I'd heard a few positives about this on a DS message board but after reading that, no way!

Marcee
01-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Do you mean Risperdal?

Same thing as Risperal-Risperal is just the generic.:)

I take Lamictal and Celexa and it has worked wonders. BUT everyone is different and not all things work the same for each person. I pray they will find something that works:group:

SoniaM
01-17-2012, 05:48 AM
my oldest son is on lamictal ..been great for him//our 2nd 3rd and 4th sons have all been on risperadol for a lot of years.. my 2nd started at 4yrs old and was weaned off last year.. it was the wonder drug i begged God for...it changed him so dramictally in the best ways possible.. our 3rd son is on a extremely high does with ok results and our youngest is on a low dose and doing well

TonyaP
01-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Do you feel like there is a huge difference between risperidal and lamictal? DS has been taking the risperidal for a year now and it works, but not completely.

Ladies, we are well aware of the side effects and dangers. I know there are varying degrees of "my child needs help." For some, diet and behavioral therapy works. For others there are more very serious and urgent needs that have to be addressed. I don't go into detail regarding my child's condition out of respect for his privacy- the internet is forever you know. But rest assured if there were effective treatments that were not accompanied by side effects, our doctors and we would have implemented them by now.