PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone doing?

Rachel Jane
01-16-2011, 11:04 AM
I have had a couple days in a row with heavy brain fog and bloody noses.
This is probably because I just haven't been able to get outdoors much, which is very necessary to counteract the brain fog for me. :perplex:

Merrilee Morse
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Lousy. I have a bad cold, which always elevates my blood sugar to unhealthy levels, which makes me feel even worse than just the cold. My head buzzes constantly and I have no energy for anything. I can't think, either. High blood sugar puts my brain in a total fog. Now, aren't you sorry you asked? :lol:

mariah m
01-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Not so great. I think my cycle makes things worse, as is getting tired. I'm going to go chill on the couch for awhile.

Sheri
01-16-2011, 03:54 PM
eehhh. Coming off meds, trying to purge my system of them...not a super easy thing but easier than I expected.

Lots of headaches. Lots of exhaustion. I am told it will take a while to get it out of my system.

Sheri
01-16-2011, 03:57 PM
RJ: My kiddos get bloody noses in the winter. Never fails. I know it's the overheated air, but it's rough on them.

Merrilee: I am so sorry about your head buzzing! Ugh.

Marya: I totally agree about cycles making things worse. Seriously. It can get so bad.

Praying for you all

Sue C
01-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Glad you asked RJ, this way I can keep my prayers up to date. :) My disease in my feet and legs seems to be not going up any farther than my hips. I PRAY this doesn't get any worse. I have bad days and good. I've gotten good at making the most of my good days and my bad, well, what do ya do?

I do pray for you all too. :group:

Rachel Jane
01-17-2011, 07:40 AM
:group: to all of you!

Lindsey Carter
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Funny you should ask... This just happens to be one of those days where I had great plans for all the things I wanted to do today. Instead my heart is acting up and I am battling major fatigue. Sigh. I've been having a lot more bad days lately. I'm debating weather or not I should find a local cardiologist and get checked out to make sure my condition isn't changing. Even if it is it is doubtful that anything could be done to make it better. :unsure: I guess I'm just really frustrated today. At least it is a condition that comes and goes suddenly. So maybe it will go and I'll get my energy back!

Jennifer Unsell
01-19-2011, 12:59 AM
I am having a horrible week with what I believe is IBS/GERD related pains and would appreciate your prayers over it. At least I think it is my IBS/GERD. Sometimes when you feel pain everyday and in so many areas it's hard to know exactly what IS going on. I know you guys can relate to that, or at least I think you will be able too. :sad:

I feel like I am still getting to know my IBS symptoms (if that makes sense) but when it seems to flare up I have what can only be described as labor like pains in my stomach that radiate to my lower back as well, which is what has been going on this week. It always comes with a change in bowel habits too. I'm having a really hard time eating this week. It hurts after I eat- even if it's soft food like yogurt or soup, and the food goes right through me most of the time. (Sorry to be so graphic). It's hard to eat when you know it will cause pain too. Does anyone else experience this with IBS? It's the pain that gets me down the most. It's just one more thing to try to deal with on top of the other stuff. I have been incredibly exhausted this week from it all. I feel like I could literally sleep all day, every day. I just really hate it when I feel this bad. :cry:

I will be praying for all of you! ((Hugs)) It sounds like it's a bad week for many of us. :(

Rachel Jane
01-19-2011, 07:49 AM
(((((Jen))))) :group:

Jessica Vega
01-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Glad to see your updates, friends. I will be praying for each one of you!!!

As for me:

Energy level is slightly higher for which I'm thankful and taking full advantage of,

Joint pain level has been really bad lately especially in knees, elbows and fingers,

Stomach pains are coming back.... last time I was diagnosed with colitis and I'm sure hoping it's not that.... I'm starting some natural remedies in hopes to get it under control.

Cari
01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm manic. My counselor things I'm doing great... but in the past ten days I've had my husband on the road (as in the entire time), muddled my way through a snow storm AND an ice storm, had emergency root canal, my dad was in the ER three times before being admitted (still there so daily hospital runs), had a fender bender with the new car, and all while dealing with two teenagers with attitude, two little kids who only want Daddy, AND still got school done, dinner on the table, and everyone where they wanted/needed to be. So yeah, I'm manic. And unfortunately with bipolar disorder, what goes up...

At least I know the drill. And I am starting to see the signs of coming back down (but praying I can keep above baseline).

I'm sorry if that seems insensitive to those who can barely get the basics done. I'm thankful that I can kick it into overdrive when I need to, it's just that I get stuck there and can't settle back down without a crash and it's hard not to dread that. And then I'm the one who can barely get out of bed.

Sorry you asked?

Cari

Sheri
01-19-2011, 02:25 PM
No Cari don't worry about others barely eking through. No one understands mania until they feel it. I'll be praying for you.

rachelmn
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
I am having a horrible week with what I believe is IBS/GERD related pains and would appreciate your prayers over it. At least I think it is my IBS/GERD. Sometimes when you feel pain everyday and in so many areas it's hard to know exactly what IS going on. I know you guys can relate to that, or at least I think you will be able too. :sad:

I feel like I am still getting to know my IBS symptoms (if that makes sense) but when it seems to flare up I have what can only be described as labor like pains in my stomach that radiate to my lower back as well, which is what has been going on this week. It always comes with a change in bowel habits too. I'm having a really hard time eating this week. It hurts after I eat- even if it's soft food like yogurt or soup, and the food goes right through me most of the time. (Sorry to be so graphic). It's hard to eat when you know it will cause pain too. Does anyone else experience this with IBS? It's the pain that gets me down the most. It's just one more thing to try to deal with on top of the other stuff. I have been incredibly exhausted this week from it all. I feel like I could literally sleep all day, every day. I just really hate it when I feel this bad. :cry:

I will be praying for all of you! ((Hugs)) It sounds like it's a bad week for many of us. :(

Aw! I have the same thing Jennifer. It's a HUGE frustration for me. It really makes me leery to eat at a friends house or even out to eat as I never know what will set me off and have me frantic for a bathroom. :perplex: I have pain as well, but mine come and goes. I have found that giving up ALL dairy has slowed it all down and helped more then anything. I splurged and ate brie the other week, haven't had it in a year and I was in bed for 24 in so much pain. I have tried gluten free, while still eating dairy and it didn't make to much difference. My doctor now wants me to be dairy and gluten free at the same time to see what that does...but seriously...I can't. I get SO hungry and raw food like lettuce (even though I adore a good salad) make me super sick. :p I just don't know what to eat if I give up bread.

Anyway, I'm just coming out of a big flare up. I'll be praying for you! It's such a hard thing to figure out as it's never seems consistent. :group:

Jennifer Unsell
01-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Aw! I have the same thing Jennifer. It's a HUGE frustration for me. It really makes me leery to eat at a friends house or even out to eat as I never know what will set me off and have me frantic for a bathroom. :perplex: I have pain as well, but mine come and goes. I have found that giving up ALL dairy has slowed it all down and helped more then anything. I splurged and ate brie the other week, haven't had it in a year and I was in bed for 24 in so much pain. I have tried gluten free, while still eating dairy and it didn't make to much difference. My doctor now wants me to be dairy and gluten free at the same time to see what that does...but seriously...I can't. I get SO hungry and raw food like lettuce (even though I adore a good salad) make me super sick. :p I just don't know what to eat if I give up bread.

Anyway, I'm just coming out of a big flare up. I'll be praying for you! It's such a hard thing to figure out as it's never seems consistent. :group:

Thank you Rachel. I appreciate the prayers. I have noticed that dairy can affect me at times but then their are other times when it doesn't which is so puzzling. I am trying to keep a diary of what I eat and bowel habits and pains etc. to see what consistencies I can find but just like you so far nothing seems real consistent which leaves me really puzzled. I am also trying to loose some weight (which I need to do anyways) to see if that changes anything. I too struggle with going anywhere when I am this bad as I hate to be without a bathroom nearby. :eek:

Do you find that when you have flare ups you get extremely exhausted? I am not sure if the exhaustion is from the IBS or my Fibro or really just all of it? It does seem that when my stomach issues kick in though that my exhaustion is taken up several notches but it also seems that the stomach issues trigger my Fibro symptoms as well. I am wondering if others with IBS greatly struggle with exhaustion?

Jennifer Unsell
01-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Glad to see your updates, friends. I will be praying for each one of you!!!

As for me:

Energy level is slightly higher for which I'm thankful and taking full advantage of,

Joint pain level has been really bad lately especially in knees, elbows and fingers,

Stomach pains are coming back.... last time I was diagnosed with colitis and I'm sure hoping it's not that.... I'm starting some natural remedies in hopes to get it under control.

Jessica- would you mind sharing what natural remedies you use for your stomach pain? Praying for you! :group:

Jennifer Unsell
01-19-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm manic. My counselor things I'm doing great... but in the past ten days I've had my husband on the road (as in the entire time), muddled my way through a snow storm AND an ice storm, had emergency root canal, my dad was in the ER three times before being admitted (still there so daily hospital runs), had a fender bender with the new car, and all while dealing with two teenagers with attitude, two little kids who only want Daddy, AND still got school done, dinner on the table, and everyone where they wanted/needed to be. So yeah, I'm manic. And unfortunately with bipolar disorder, what goes up...

At least I know the drill. And I am starting to see the signs of coming back down (but praying I can keep above baseline).

I'm sorry if that seems insensitive to those who can barely get the basics done. I'm thankful that I can kick it into overdrive when I need to, it's just that I get stuck there and can't settle back down without a crash and it's hard not to dread that. And then I'm the one who can barely get out of bed.

Sorry you asked?

Cari

:group: Praying Cari. :group:

rachelmn
01-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Thank you Rachel. I appreciate the prayers. I have noticed that dairy can affect me at times but then their are other times when it doesn't which is so puzzling. I am trying to keep a diary of what I eat and bowel habits and pains etc. to see what consistencies I can find but just like you so far nothing seems real consistent which leaves me really puzzled. I am also trying to loose some weight (which I need to do anyways) to see if that changes anything. I too struggle with going anywhere when I am this bad as I hate to be without a bathroom nearby. :eek:

Do you find that when you have flare ups you get extremely exhausted? I am not sure if the exhaustion is from the IBS or my Fibro or really just all of it? It does seem that when my stomach issues kick in though that my exhaustion is taken up several notches but it also seems that the stomach issues trigger my Fibro symptoms as well. I am wondering if others with IBS greatly struggle with exhaustion?

Yes. I get very exhausted. :wornout: And I understand that sometimes it's one thing and then the next time it's ok. I'm like that too. I think I can probably have some dairy...but it's SO hit or miss so I just avoid it. I know it CAN be a trigger so I try and not have it. Seriously though...if I avoided all the triggers I'd not eat ANYTHING! :( Well, the doctor told me at my last appointment that I will never have a weight issue when I'm older! ;):p:eyes: I've always struggled with this, from when I was little. I have never gotten very big for a good reason. ;)

And My anxiety feeds my ibs and vise verse. :perplex: Never mind my bp!:spin:

So, I feel your pain, I really do! It's a hard thing to struggle with.

OH! I forgot..sometimes, when I'm really having a hard time yoga does really help. I just need to be more consistent with it...don't know if you are into yoga but there is something about it.

Christy in NE
01-20-2011, 04:25 PM
RJ-I get nosebleeds, too. We keep our furnace set at 62-which is SUPER cold as we live in an old house with ice on the inside of the windows-so you would think I'm not so over-heated that my nose would still act up, but it does.

I am struggling horrible. Besides all the usual stuff, I finally went to a new chiro as I haven't been for ahwile, and found out that my top left rib was out of place, along with several vertabra from top to bottom.:eek: No wonder I've been in so much pain.

I have been to this chiro(no chiro insurance!) twice in one week, and am in so much pain that I am downing ibuprofen every 6 hrs-not good for me as part of my stomach is eroded. I will go back again tomorrow, but dread getting through the rest fo the day.

I do think doing the enormous amount of paperwork and research online lately has made everything worse-as has stress.

That's my pity party update.;)

Praying specifically for each of you.:group::group:

shonda in ca
02-05-2011, 07:57 PM
This is Jen U and Rachel:

I have the exact same thing with IBS. It is always worse when I ovulate, weirdly enough. Does this happen to you, too?

Jennifer Unsell
02-07-2011, 11:10 PM

I have the exact same thing with IBS. It is always worse when I ovulate, weirdly enough. Does this happen to you, too?

Shonda- YES! Mine gets very bad when I ovulate. Every single month. I also notice right before my cycle starts that I flare up- but it does seem to be even worse when I ovulate. :sad: :group:

rachelmn
02-07-2011, 11:56 PM

Shonda- YES! Mine gets very bad when I ovulate. Every single month. I also notice right before my cycle starts that I flare up- but it does seem to be even worse when I ovulate. :sad: :group:

Yep me too. It was worse, WAY worse before my hysterectomy. Now it's not so bad. Although I can't tell any of my cycles any more so who knows. :wornout:

I'm almost at the point to trying g-free again. I cheated and had a cheese pizza the other night when out with the family. OMGOSH. I was SO sick for 2 days. :( Nausea, D, cramping, AWFUL. I am off dairy for good. :p But I'm still tired all the time. Maybe time to try dairy and gluten. I just have a hard time cooking for me separate. :perplex: And....I love food.

shonda in ca
02-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Mine was worse before my surgery, too, Rachel, but it's still pretty bad. I wonder what the deal is with hormones making it worse??
Weird wild stuff. AND a huge pain!!! :p

rachelmn
02-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Oh, what I meant was mine is still bad...but that huge flare at that time of month is gone. No it just flares for fun. :eyes:

Luisa
02-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Awww, ladies. LOTS of :group:'s for you all!