PDA

View Full Version : Connecting trips to books...

Nedra
01-16-2011, 04:33 PM
We have 2 field trips coming up. One is to the Natural History Museum and the other is to The Flower Fields www.theflowerfields.com

Any great ideas of FIAR titles to connect to these trips?

Thank you!

Sherry
01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Natural History - many titles including Owl Moon and The Salamander Room. Are there special exhibits you plan to see?

The Flower Fields - Miss Rumphius.

Nedra
01-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Natural History - many titles including Owl Moon and The Salamander Room. Are there special exhibits you plan to see?

The Flower Fields - Miss Rumphius.

Thank you for allowing me to use your brain! We just got our newsletter finished and I have to update our FIAR page and my brain is toast.

Permanent Exhibits

* African Mammals
* Age of Mammals
* Ancient Latin American Art
* American History
* Birds
* California History
* Dinosaurs
* Discovery Center
* Gems and Minerals
* Haaga Family Rotunda
* Insect Zoo
* North American Mammals
* Shells
* Zuni Fetishes

We are also visiting a special exhibit, Pavilion of Wings (butterflies and moths).

Thank you!

Cindy in CA
01-17-2011, 11:36 AM
We have 2 field trips coming up. One is to the Natural History Museum and the other is to The Flower Fields www.theflowerfields.com

Any great ideas of FIAR titles to connect to these trips?

Thank you!

Nedra,

The Flower Fields looks so cool. Never heard of it. Too far for me, but looks so cool. How far is it for you?

:)

Jen in OK
01-17-2011, 01:40 PM
For African Mammals, you could tie in Andy and the Lion. When we did that one, we went to the circus. A little less academic, but fun! :D

Nedra
01-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Nedra,

The Flower Fields looks so cool. Never heard of it. Too far for me, but looks so cool. How far is it for you?

:)

It does look cool! I have never booked a trip here before. Very excited!

It's about 1 1/2 hrs. from me. We are making a day of it and hitting the beach that afternoon.

Jane Claire
03-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Nedra, can you email me?