PDA

View Full Version : One Thousand Gifts...books are here.

Ronette in CA
01-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have the books in my hands.;) I am headed out to the post office today and will be mailing them. (ETA: I've added a 5th book and juggled the lists just a bit. :))

The packages will include the book and a journal. Feel free to write whatever you would like in the journal keeping in mind that all of the other ladies will be able to read it as well. If journaling is not your thing, feel free to pass on that part.:)

When you receive the book, pm or e-mail me so I know where they all are at any given time. When you are finished with the book, contact me and I will give you the address of the next person on the list.

If you need any assistance with the cost of postage, please let me know! There is help available!:kiss:

If you don't appear on any of the lists and you signed up, let me know. If you still want to participate but haven't signed up yet, let me know that too and I will add you. If we get to six people on each list, I will put a fifth book into circulation. I don't want anyone to have to wait too long.

Here are the lists at this point in time:

Book 1:

<s>Paige P</s>
<s>Kathleen M</s>
<s>Rachel Jane</s>
<s>Mariah M</s>
<s>Laura F</s>

Book 2:

<s>Heather W</s>
<s>Michele</s>
<s>Marsha in FL</s>
Holly
Cari

Book 3:

<s>Rebe</s>
<s>Gail in NY</s>
<s>Tammy H</s>
Lisalyn
<s>Ginger in OH</s> (Will be receiving book #1 from Laura F :))
Debbie W (Will be receiving book #1 from Ginger in OH :))

Book 4:

<s>Cara</s>
<s>Cindy in CA</s>
<s>Melanie</s>
<s>Steph</s>
<s>Lindy</s>
Laurie in OK

Book 5:

<s>Julie Y</s>
<s>Leslie Nelsen</s>
<s>Loralin</s>
Hollyjean

Feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, etc.:)

hollyjean
01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Ronette...missed this thread...what is it about?

Lindy
01-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi Ronette,

just sent you a pm!
thanks!

Ronette in CA
01-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Ronette...missed this thread...what is it about?

Here's the original thread (http://www.fiveinarowforums.com/showthread.php?t=83856). Feel free to join in if you'd like.:)

Lindy, got your pm. Thanks!:)

Esther-Alabama
01-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I just downloaded this book to my Nook a couple days ago. It is hitting me right where I've needed it for a long, long time.

I encourage those of you who have been touched by tragedy to read it, especially.

Being very real here.... I have long harbored a lot of resentment and anger toward God for the long illness and death of my nephew and all that went along with that situation. This book is healing for me and I hope it is for others. She puts voice to my heart and is helping me to see a way to heal.

I am going this afternoon to purchase copies for at least 3 of my family and friends. It is one of those books that really needs to be shared.

Cara in WA
01-21-2011, 03:25 PM
:) Oh, I am so excited! Thank-you, Ronette, for organizing this!

Rebe
01-21-2011, 03:36 PM
I encourage those of you who have been touched by tragedy to read it, especially.

Being very real here.... I have long harbored a lot of resentment and anger toward God for the long illness and death of my nephew and all that went along with that situation. This book is healing for me and I hope it is for others. She puts voice to my heart and is helping me to see a way to heal.

I'm so glad to read this. I have some lingering issues with my mom's suffering and death, as well...

Ronette in CA
01-21-2011, 06:12 PM

I am going this afternoon to purchase copies for at least 3 of my family and friends. It is one of those books that really needs to be shared.

I agree 100%, Esther. I didn't have resentment or anger but I have had a hard time dealing with several really traumatic events including the deaths of Katherine and my grandma.

It has been very healing for me as well.:hcry:

I bought several extra copies as well. :)

Ronette in CA
01-21-2011, 06:14 PM
:) Oh, I am so excited! Thank-you, Ronette, for organizing this!

Be on the lookout, Cara! I sent the books out today and you were first on the list for book 4.:D

Just so everyone knows, I sent several extra padded envelopes with each book. Just use one (if you're the first to get the book use the large envelope) and put the unused ones in your envelope for the next reader to use.:)

For reference, I sent the books media mail and they cost $2.77 each.

Enjoy!

Ronette in CA
01-23-2011, 09:10 AM
We now have six ladies on each list. If there are any who join now, I will add a 5th book to circulation.:) If that happens, I'll shuffle the lists so that the ladies who jumped in first get moved closer to the top of the lists.;)

Feel free to come on in to anyone who's thinking about it.:D

Loralin
01-23-2011, 11:57 AM
I missed the first thread about this. I would love to be on a list. My heart is hurting right now, and this sounds very good. Thank you for putting this together!

Ronette in CA
01-23-2011, 12:24 PM
I missed the first thread about this. I would love to be on a list. My heart is hurting right now, and this sounds very good. Thank you for putting this together!

Gotcha, Loralin! Just pm or email me your address.:group:

Julie Y
01-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Ronette, for organizing this! :kiss:

TammyH
01-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm so glad to read this. I have some lingering issues with my mom's suffering and death, as well...

Rebe, I was just thinking the same thing. You are the first reader on our book (#3). I look forward to reading your thoughts in the journal (if you choose to share them). Gentle hugs....

KathleenM
01-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks so much Ronette! :group: I don't even have the book yet, and am already feeling blessed! How kind of you to organize this for us! :kiss:

Jessica Vega
01-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Ronette- I missed the first post as well and would love yo join y'all. I was actually in the process of ordering the book this afternoon when my computer froze!

Do you think we might need another book and journal (I don't mind purchasing one) since quite a few more people are joining or would you rather stick with the four for convience sake?

Just out of curiosity, what will be done with the journals once we've all had our turn with them?

Off to PM you with my address. Thanks for doing this. What a great idea!!

Ronette in CA
01-24-2011, 01:26 AM
Ronette- I missed the first post as well and would love yo join y'all. I was actually in the process of ordering the book this afternoon when my computer froze!

Do you think we might need another book and journal (I don't mind purchasing one) since quite a few more people are joining or would you rather stick with the four for convience sake?

Just out of curiosity, what will be done with the journals once we've all had our turn with them?

Off to PM you with my address. Thanks for doing this. What a great idea!!

Hi Jess,

Got your pm. :) I already have a 5th book I can add right here on my shelf at home!;)

I will mail that one out in the next day or two. I'm going to reorganize the lists a bit now that we're adding in another book and journal.

I'm still thinking about what to do with the journals once we've all had a chance with them. Any ideas?:)

Jessica Vega
01-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm still thinking about what to do with the journals once we've all had a chance with them. Any ideas?:)

We could draw names (each group separately) and whoever's name is drawn can keep the journal from their group. I don't know... just an idea. :)

Ronette in CA
01-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Just saying that book 4 will be on its way to the second reader, Cindy in CA, very soon!:)

If any other ladies are finished yet, let me know and I'll pass on the next address to you.

Julie Y, you are the first person on the list for book 5 and that one will go in the mail today! I was out of town for a couple of days and didn't get a chance to mail it.

Hope you all are enjoying it!:group:

Julie Y
01-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Julie Y, you are the first person on the list for book 5 and that one will go in the mail today!
:clap: I am wallowing amongst the disobedient kings of the Old Testament (Bible in 90 Days) right now, and could use a day-brightener! ;)

Cindy in CA
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Just saying that book 4 will be on its way to the second reader, Cindy in CA, very soon!:)

If any other ladies are finished yet, let me know and I'll pass on the next address to you.

Julie Y, you are the first person on the list for book 5 and that one will go in the mail today! I was out of town for a couple of days and didn't get a chance to mail it.

Hope you all are enjoying it!:group:

Oh Boy! Cara sure finished it fast! Thanks, I can't wait to start reading it!

:)

Cara in WA
01-31-2011, 06:13 PM
:hi: Hi, Cindy! I loved the book and actually read it twice. I can understand Ronette's feeling of wanting to share, because it's so good! Anyway, I got it off in the mail this afternoon for you!

Ronette in CA
02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Book 3 will be on its way to its next reader soon.

Is anyone else finished and in need of an address for the next reader on your list?:)

Gail in NY
02-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Looking forward to getting the book, and I think the journal idea is a great one. I am looking forward as much to reading the journal entries as I am reading the book. Problem is the first people on the list wont have that rich experience with the input from the moms after her. Maybe after the books are circulated and done we could pass the journals around to the first few ladies on the list?

Paige P
02-10-2011, 09:46 PM
With all our sickness and house chaos, I didn't start reading it until a couple of days ago :blush: Sorry.....

I will say I am THOROUGHLY enjoying it, though. WOW!!! It's definitely making me stop and think :yes:

I'll keep on plugging along.......

Rebe
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Looking forward to getting the book, and I think the journal idea is a great one. I am looking forward as much to reading the journal entries as I am reading the book. Problem is the first people on the list wont have that rich experience with the input from the moms after her. Maybe after the books are circulated and done we could pass the journals around to the first few ladies on the list?

My thoughts exactly. Being first on the list and all. ;)

Gail, the book is headed your way soon. I just sent you a pm. :)

Cara in WA
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM

Great idea! I would love to know what everyone thought about it, too!

Ronette in CA
02-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Book 5 will be on its way to Leslie soon! :)

Any others ready to move on?

Heather W
02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Book 5 will be on its way to Leslie soon! :)

Any others ready to move on?

:hi: I'll take the next address!

Ronette in CA
02-15-2011, 12:42 PM
:hi: I'll take the next address!

PM'd it to you.:)

Ginger in Ohio
02-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Could I be added to a list too please?

Cindy in CA
02-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Sorry it is taking me so long. I am a really slow reader, and just have not had time. I should be able to finish it this weekend. Loving it so far. Sorry again for being so slow.

Melanie
02-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Sorry it is taking me so long. I am a really slow reader, and just have not had time. I should be able to finish it this weekend. Loving it so far. Sorry again for being so slow.

Hi Cindy! I am next in line and up to my eyeballs in moving right now (and cleaning furniture...ugh!). Please take your time and don't worry if it takes you longer. :group:

Cindy in CA
02-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi Cindy! I am next in line and up to my eyeballs in moving right now (and cleaning furniture...ugh!). Please take your time and don't worry if it takes you longer. :group:

Whew! :roflol: I am off the hook and don't need to feel gulity anymore. Thanks for letting me know Melanie. I do feel better and really don't want to rush. :kiss: Thanks! Oh and if I'd get my butt off these boards I would have more time! :eyes:

Ronette in CA
02-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Could I be added to a list too please?

Sure, Ginger!:)

I'm adding you to list 3. Just pm or e-mail me your mailing address.

Paige P
02-23-2011, 06:57 AM
WHOO HOOOO -- I'm FINALLY finished :clap: I'm so sorry it took me soooooooo long. It got here when we were in the midst of packing to move for renters, then I had to unpack when we decided to stay, then I had to get ready to put the house on the market, then we interviewed realtors and made some more "updates," etc. It's been a frantic-pace the entire month I've had it. Of course, the irony is that the book is about enjoying the small moments. I haven't had too many "small" moments these days :blush: It's definitely been convicting and enlightening.

I really, really enjoyed it and hope my "list" isn't too disapointed in me for keeping it so long.

Ronette in CA
02-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Pm'd you the next address, Paige. Kathleen, be on the lookout.:D

If anyone else is ready to pass theirs on let me know.:)

Heather W
02-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Pm'd you the next address, Paige. Kathleen, be on the lookout.:D

If anyone else is ready to pass theirs on let me know.:)

Sent mine out the other day, it should arrive on the other side of NY tomorrow.

Ronette in CA
03-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Book 4 will be on it's way to its third reader very soon.

Melanie, be on the lookout!:)

I've been gone from home for over a week and am just catching up on things. If anyone else needs the next address on their list, let me know.

Debbie W
03-14-2011, 01:53 PM
PMing you Ronette.

Michele
03-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi and thank you Heather!!! I'm moving (albeit slowly) through the book.

Cindy in CA
03-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Book 4 will be on it's way to its third reader very soon.

Melanie, be on the lookout!:)

Yes, I went to the PO this evening, so it is going out in the morning!

Melanie
03-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Yes, I went to the PO this evening, so it is going out in the morning!

Oh, I am looking forward to it! I really, really need this right now. :)

Rebecca in Orlando
03-15-2011, 09:25 PM
I just started this book today...and like someone else said...I feel like it describes me at the beginning..and it totally speaks to me!!

Melanie
03-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Oh, I am looking forward to it! I really, really need this right now. :)

I received my book a few days ago! I can't wait to get started reading it. :)

Ronette in CA
03-21-2011, 11:30 AM

:clap:

Book 1 should be on its way to RJ very soon. :)

I was out of town for a few days and a little out of the loop. Does anyone else need the next address on their list?

Lindy
03-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Go Melanie, Go Melanie! Group 4 yeah! Group 4 yeah!...... :lol:

KathleenM
03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Be sure to make some space in your PM box Ronette, I just got a full message. I was just writing to confirm that I will get the book off the RJ within the next couple of days. Thanks for coordinating all this - I know it can be a big job!

Ronette in CA
03-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Be sure to make some space in your PM box Ronette, I just got a full message. I was just writing to confirm that I will get the book off the RJ within the next couple of days. Thanks for coordinating all this - I know it can be a big job!

All cleaned out. Thanks for the reminder!:)

Ronette in CA
04-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Is anyone ready to pass on their book? I know lots of you are savoring but there are ladies on your lists that are waiting patiently. ;)

Let me know if you need the next address!:kiss:

Melanie
04-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Is anyone ready to pass on their book? I know lots of you are savoring but there are ladies on your lists that are waiting patiently. ;)

I do! :)

Ronette in CA
04-13-2011, 12:13 PM
I do! :)

PM'ed you, Melanie.:D

Steph, you're next on that list. :)

Rachel Jane
04-13-2011, 12:22 PM

I am not quite done. But will be within a week. Okay?

Ronette in CA
04-13-2011, 01:03 PM
I am not quite done. But will be within a week. Okay?

That works, RJ! :)

Michele
04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi. I'd like to mail out my book by the end of the week. Would you please PM me the next person's address?
Thanks so much!
:group:

Rachel Jane
04-15-2011, 07:24 AM
:hi: I am ready for the next address. :)

Leslie Nelsen
04-15-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm ready for the next address too! :) Sorry for dawdling! :blush:

TammyH
05-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Book 3 is here! Thanks, Gail!

Ronette in CA
05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Book 4 should be on its way to Lindy soon.:)

Anyone else ready to pass theirs along?:D

Gail in NY
05-05-2011, 09:33 PM
You're welcome Tammy! Enjoy....I would have got it to you sooner but my 24yo dd picked it up and read it before I could finish. A 2 for 1 here!

Loralin
05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm ready for the next address too! :) Sorry for dawdling! :blush:

No problem! I'm the next person on the list. I haven't received it as yet, so I'm just checking that it hasn't gotten lost. I'm not trying to nag or anything. I just noticed the first page says that I have the book, but I don't yet.:) So, I thought I'd double-check. I was gone for a while in the hospital, so it could very well be that my husband has it tucked away and forgot to tell me about it.;)

mariah m
05-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Got mine!

Ronette in CA
05-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Anyone ready for the next address?:)

Steph
05-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I'll be sending book 4 to Lindy on Monday. I meant to send it last week, but it was just a crazy week and didn't get done.

Lindy
05-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Steph- I'll keep an eye out for it later next week! Thanks!

Ronette in CA
05-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Marsh is ready to pass Book 2 on to Holly. :clap:

If you currently have a book in your possession could you just give a holler here so I know where they all are at the moment?;)

Anyone else ready to pass theirs on?:cool:

Ronette in CA
05-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Are any of you ready to pass your book along? I have some out of town time coming up and wanted to check before I leave.

We have some ladies who have been waiting patiently for a long time.;) I mailed them out to the first ladies on the lists in January.:D

Let me know if you need the next address!

Leslie Nelsen
05-25-2011, 02:57 PM
No problem! I'm the next person on the list. I haven't received it as yet, so I'm just checking that it hasn't gotten lost. I'm not trying to nag or anything. I just noticed the first page says that I have the book, but I don't yet.:) So, I thought I'd double-check. I was gone for a while in the hospital, so it could very well be that my husband has it tucked away and forgot to tell me about it.;)

I'm just seeing this note. I'm hoping you have it by now! I mailed it a long while ago - not sure when but I might be able to figure it out. Let me know if I need to do some tracking on my end.

:group: Praying for you!

Loralin
05-26-2011, 01:30 PM
:)I've got it. I'm reading through it. It really isn't a quick read. It's a read-a-bit -and-chew-on-it-for-awhile type read. I can see how it takes a bit of time to get through it. I'm half way through right now, so I'm not quite ready to pass it on yet, but I'll try to hurry!

mariah m
05-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes, it is a hard read at times. Sometimes it's hard to focus in on it and I don't remember what I just read. I'm about to about p. 130. The last few days around here were awful and I wasn't feeling very spiritual or thankful about anything :lol: Still chipping away, hopefully another 10 days and I'll be ready to send it on.

Lindy
05-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Are any of you ready to pass your book along? I have some out of town time coming up and wanted to check before I leave.

We have some ladies who have been waiting patiently for a long time.;) I mailed them out to the first ladies on the lists in January.:D

Let me know if you need the next address!

I just got mine Friday but I can pass it on to the next person....Please send me the addy and I'll get it out in a few days. Thanks Ronette!

Holly
05-27-2011, 08:01 AM
I just got mine! :D

Ronette in CA
05-27-2011, 09:44 AM
I don't want anyone feeling guilty.:lol:

Lindy, you've only had your book a week. Don't feel like you have to get rid of it already. I want you to actually have time to read it.:kiss:

I think two to three weeks is a completely reasonable time to keep your books, girls.:D I know life happens (believe me I know! ;)), so that's not a hard and fast rule. Just a suggestion.

There are nine ladies still waiting for their turn.

Amanda Williams
05-27-2011, 12:42 PM
I bought a copy for myself, so I can be removed from the list. Love the book and have passed it on to my non-saved sister, who is also LOVING it!! :group::clap:

Ronette in CA
05-27-2011, 01:52 PM
I bought a copy for myself, so I can be removed from the list. Love the book and have passed it on to my non-saved sister, who is also LOVING it!! :group::clap:

Thanks for letting me know, Amanda. I'm so glad the book blessed you.:group:

Loralin
05-31-2011, 09:44 AM
:hi:I'm ready for the address of the next person! Thanks!

mariah m
05-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Will have it finished by Friday.

Ronette in CA
06-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Book 1 and Book 5 should be on their way to the next ladies soon.:)

I'm back in town. Anyone else need the next address?

Laura F
06-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Book 5 was in my mailbox today. Thank you, Mariah!

Ronette, what would you like me to do with the book when I finish it? I'm at the bottom of my list. Should I send it back to you or to someone waiting on another list?

Ronette in CA
06-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Book 5 was in my mailbox today. Thank you, Mariah!

Ronette, what would you like me to do with the book when I finish it? I'm at the bottom of my list. Should I send it back to you or to someone waiting on another list?

I will likely have you pass it on to someone waiting on another list so let me know when you finish it.:)

Ronette in CA
06-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Will those that currently have a copy of the book chime in so that I know where they all are?:)

Holly
06-16-2011, 05:25 AM
I have one and I should be ready to pass it on next week :)

Ronette in CA
06-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi Everyone! :hi:

We're getting close! :D

Laura F is almost done with book #1 so she will send it to Ginger in OH who is currently on list #3.

Tammy H has Lisalyn's address so, hopefully, that book will be to Lisalyn soon.

Holly has Cari's address for book #2.

I'm pretty sure I sent hollyjean's address to Loralin. :lol:

I'm also pretty sure I sent Laurie in OK's address to Lindy. ;)

Does that sound about right to everyone? If you're able to just give me a shout here if you currently have a copy, that will really help me update my list.:D

hollyjean
06-20-2011, 09:51 PM
YES :) I have a book!!! :clap:

Lindy
06-21-2011, 09:02 AM
I mailed mine to Laurie in OK about 2 weeks ago.

Laura F
06-25-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm dropping my copy at the post office for Ginger in OH today. It should arrive by Tuesday.

TammyH
06-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Ronette, Lisalyn's copy was delivered to her on the 22nd.

Thanks again!

Ronette in CA
06-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Ginger is done with her copy and sending it on to Debbie W. :D

Ronette in CA
06-30-2011, 07:22 PM
All of the books are in the hands (or soon to be in the hands) of their final recipients.

If anyone else would like to read the book, you can feel free to contact me and I can add you to one of the lists. :D

Lisalyn
06-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Ronette, Lisalyn's copy was delivered to her on the 22nd.

Thanks again!

Yes! I meant to respond on this thread, but forgot. :eyes:

Thanks, Tammy! :)

Ronette in CA
07-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Is anyone done with their book? I'd love to have them mailed back to me with their journals.:)

laurie in ok
07-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Ronette - I am ready to send mine on to the next person. Sorry it took me so long. :blush:

Lisalyn
07-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Ronette - I am ready to send mine on to the next person. Sorry it took me so long. :blush:

Me, too! I was ill when it came and it took me a while to get in the right mindset for it. I have the book and journal ready to go--just need to know where to send it.

Thank you SO much for sharing this book.