PDA

View Full Version : Go along ideas on Three Names, help?

stengsix
04-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi i am new here and my dd love the pioneer era what 6 & 7 yog don't? I didnt find many go along extras about the book:unsure: am i looking in the wrong place or can you give me some fun ideas to go along w/ three names? thanks:hi:

annmarieseiler
04-25-2007, 06:10 PM
We just did Three Names too. I also had difficulty. In the end we had a very nice time but I deviated from the manual! Here is the link to our Lapbooks (http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/frogguruami/Lapbooks/). We talked about the seasons and the differences in them. We made a One Room School House for our lapbook with the cellar and the tornado. We expanded on the pioneer theme and did a separate pioneer lapbook. I should have some of the pictures up soon but we aren't totally done with it. We built a log cabin out of newspapers, cooked a Pioneer inspired dinner for company including baked potatoes and looked at differences in the past and present. One thing I wanted to do but I don't think we will have time is to take the camera out and collect a picture of all 26 letters of the alphabet.

HTH

Christian S
04-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi,

One activity that we did when we rowed Three Names was take my grandmother out for a drive and she showed us where she lived & went to school. Along the way we recorded her telling us about her girlhood. I took pictures along the way and for Christmas that year I presented her with a book of her stories with the photos. Now that she's gone on to heaven I treasure the little book & tape recording. If you have grandparents or other special older family members I highly recommend that you get them to tell you their stories!

Christian

Katherine in CA
04-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi! :hi:

Did you find the archives? Here's the link:

http://www.fiarhq.com/~gbprnhrz/forum/showthread.php?t=3451

Heather W
04-25-2007, 07:29 PM
We stuck to the manual for this one and did a few art lessons among the others. We did this as a go along for the Little House series which we've been rowing on and off throughout this year.