PDA

View Full Version : A quote to share

Jessica Vega
01-25-2011, 09:50 AM
I read this quote this morning and have found it to be very thought-provoking. I'm going to mull it over today, pray about it, and spend time learning what it means for me and my life.

Chronic illness may cause you to miss out on things you love, but it doesn’t change who you are at heart.

Would love to hear you thoughts on this.

Marcee
01-25-2011, 12:22 PM
:clap::clap: What a beautiful quote!

Rachel Jane
01-25-2011, 12:58 PM
I have been thinking on it off an on all day.

I guess it depends on if you are the kind of person who thinks what you do is who you are or if you believe you are what you were born to be, whether you act on it or not. :unsure:

Being told I have Lupus simultaneously curbed my freedoms and made me want more opportunities to do all of the things I have always wanted to do. I chaff against the need for rest and never relax into it (I believe the polite term for that is stubborn). I am a doer who believes she was created to do. :lol:

Jessica Vega
01-26-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm a doer, too. The lack of doing has been quite difficult for me since I got sick. I'm asking the Lord to give me things to do even when I'm stuck in bed.

Rachel Jane
01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Frustrating, isn't it?
I remember reading out loud to the boys with my forehead on the edge table and a book in my lap. I was crying softly while I read. I had to explain to them that it wasn't a sad part in the book. :( I just felt so ill, shaky and out of control that I needed to cry.