PDA

View Full Version : Such a blessing! (bragging on a FIAR sister)

Trish A
01-27-2011, 11:43 PM
I don't know whether I've mentioned it here or not, but we've been really having a hard time getting Seth the feeding equipment he needs. Kept getting letters from the state saying that it wasn't "medically necessary" which is shocking considering they agreed that the surgery for his feeding tube was medically necessary...but somehow the supplies for that surgery's upkeep aren't?!

RAWR...

Anyways, it was so bad that we ended up having to wash and reuse the same extension tube for his mic-key button for 5 months. We couldn't even find a place that would let us just buy one out of pocket. His dr's all knew this as did the ER last time he was there, but no one had any ideas for us except to keep applying. Which we did...and did...and did.

Well I mentioned this on FB just venting I'm sure, after getting turned down again, and Amy (in WI) asked what I needed and sent me a box of extensions. They are different from the one we had, they fit perfectly with his continuous feeding machine and he can now play with his tube without it popping apart and leaking everywhere. :clap:

We've since gotten a bunch more from someone else and FINALLY been approved for them through the med supply place, but I just wanted to publicly brag on our sweet FIAR sister's generous spirit and gift.

Thank you so much, Amy! I really appreciate you. :kiss:

Of course there are soooo many of my FIAR sisters that I can brag on...your encouragement, prayers and advice and even a couple who have welcomed me into their homes while we've traveled. You guys are amazing, every one of you! :group:

Melanie
01-28-2011, 01:41 AM
:clap: :hcry:

Sheryl in NH
01-28-2011, 05:54 AM
:hcry:

Sue C
01-28-2011, 09:30 AM
:hcry: :clap: Thanks for sharing. :hcry:

AmyinWI
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
awwww... Trish! You're very welcome :kiss: