PDA

View Full Version : interesting book about thyroid issues

Robin in Colorado
02-03-2011, 08:09 AM
I have struggled with thyroid issues for years. According to my MD, my labs are stable. The end. My dry skin, sleep issues, temp regulation issues, fatigue, etc. were never addressed.

I began going to a DC last March. He's not just a chiropractor but I don't know what else to call him. He works with me nutritionally and I have been improvind dramatically. He wrote a book (http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-1863-0) on his method, and is currently finishing his second book.

He gave me a copy of a book (http://www.amazon.com/Still-Thyroid-Symptoms-Tests-Normal/dp/1600376703) on thyroid, which I skimmed through last night. It looks very interesting and I thought some of the gals here might be interested.

Rachel Jane
02-03-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks Robin.
I have all of the symptoms of hypothyroidism and have off and on since high school yet my levels always come up just with in the normal range. I will give this a read (the second book).

Lynn,NC
02-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Robin, thank you, thank you, thank you!! :kiss: This looks like exactly the kind of book I've been looking for. Did I say thank you? :lol:

Robin in Colorado
02-05-2011, 09:31 AM
One thing I found interesting is that the author claims that most thyroid disease is an autoimmune disease, and that if the underlying problem is not corrected - instead of just treating thyroid levels - that other autoimmune issues will occur. He connects thyroid disease to things like diabetes; fibro; celiac; and other autoimmune issues.

Rachel Jane
02-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Robin, do I want this in hard back instead of ebook for any reason?

Robin in Colorado
02-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Not that I know of.

For me, I'd prefer paperback just because I like to read in bed, turn down pages, write notes, etc.

But if e-book is a format you like, I can't think of any reason not to go there.

Rachel Jane
02-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I prefer books I can touch, but I have run out of room. If I can get an ebook now, I try to go that route.

Lynn,NC
02-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Robin, thank you SO much for posting this info. I ordered this book the same day, have been reading, and it has answered SOOOO many questions I had about my illness. I think gluten is making many more people sick than realize. I could go on and on, but won't. Just thanks again for recommending this. There are many books out there and how does anyone know which one! A personal recommendation of such a great book... Well, :thumb: Thanks again!

Robin in Colorado
02-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Lynn,I'm so glad it was helpful to you!