PDA

View Full Version : A great day!

JennyO
02-13-2011, 03:15 PM
I am so happy to post this after sharing my feelings about yesterday. I must've been under serious spiritual attack. Saturdays are typically harder for me before Sundays...even when I know we are going to church the next day. I mean, why in the world would the enemy want our family stepping into a church with a special needs child? He wants us to stay hidden and discouraged. I sense the need for a special needs ministry in our city...as there isn't one. I don't know how or if we will fit into that picture if one is started up in the future (which I pray there will be!)

There *are* people in the church we are attending who care. Just today a dad came up to me after church and started asking about our daughter. He then opened up with me that he and his wife had a child years ago (their first child) with trisomy 13. Thier baby only lived 2 months. But, the dad really wanted to share and he commented that the Lord used his son's life to make him more compassionate. He and his wife are very gentle with our family. Anyway, I do wonder if people like him and other caring people in our church will have a role to play in a future special needs ministry? God knows!

Church was great today! Our oldest daughter did wonderfully for her helper, and she even sat fairly well during the potluck...so this mommy could eat!:clap:

Jen in AL
02-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I am so glad that you had a wonderful day. What an encouragement to hear from that dad...may the Lord bless him!

I am also feeling a possible call to start a special needs ministry in my city. I'll be praying for you as you seek God's will in this area.:group: