PDA

View Full Version : essential oils/ADHD/ autism?

AmyinWI
02-19-2011, 12:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone has had success/improvement in behviors/ focusing,etc. with using essential oils?

A friend was telling me of the improvement in her son after trying this (his kindergarten teacher was recc. meds for his ADHD ) .

But the ones I need to purchase that are supposed to help are very expensive. I'm doing as much research as I can before I buy anything,so of course, I had to check in here! :)

Cate OH
02-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Which oils are you researching?
We used oils several years ago to calm ds and they worked. Not sure why we stopped... :unsure:
Maybe because I thought it was just a fluke, or because we moved on to other things like fish oil.
Off to research more too...

AmyinWI
02-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Well vetivar,lavendar another one I can't think of right now, are some that keep coming up in my searches. And there is a mixture called "quietscent" ,which contains those ingredients and others. It's not quite as expensive ($50,I think) for a few ounces.
Then yet another one called "braingem", which is $100 for a few ounces.

I am thinking of doing my own little experiment,and trying the oils with my son for a certain amount of time (like a few weeks) and see if I get any positive reports from his EI teacher/therapists.

Rachel Jane
02-20-2011, 08:33 AM
http://www.youngliving.com/essential-oil-blends/Peace-And-Calming
I know of *one* person IRL who felt this helped her DD with ADD in school.
I have used this blend myself and love the scent. I put it in a diffuser in the master bedroom. It doesn't make you tired, but supports a more relaxed state of mind.

Cate OH
02-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Yep, Young Living is the brand we used.
(Lavender, peace and calming, joy etc...)