PDA

View Full Version : IBS sufferers.

rachelmn
02-19-2011, 11:51 AM
I have found a new tea that I think is helping me. Just wanted to share incase it could help you too. :)

It's called Organic Chamomile with Lavender- Eases Tension, Stress and Nervous Stomach. It's by Traditional Medicinals. I've found it at most major grocery store chains. :)

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't classify IBS as nervous stomach but sometimes I wish I had something to help stop some of the churning and it seems to be helping. I will say I do not like the taste so much, I'm not a lavender person AT ALL....but it's growing on me. ;) So while it's not like stopping it altogether (I'm in a big old flare right now) it does seem to help calm things a bit.

shonda in ca
02-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks, Rachel!!
Sorry you are in a bad flare right now. :(

Heidi J
02-19-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm in a big old flare right now

:group: I completely understand. :sad:

I've never had lavender tea before but I can't drink chamomile. I don't like the taste but I love mint and that seems to help soothe my stomach. Btw, did you say you are eating gluten free now? Is it helping? I've been for a few months and it's helped my ibs a lot but I still have major issues twice a month. I figure it hormonal. :unsure:

rachelmn
02-19-2011, 05:47 PM
:group: I completely understand. :sad:

I've never had lavender tea before but I can't drink chamomile. I don't like the taste but I love mint and that seems to help soothe my stomach. Btw, did you say you are eating gluten free now? Is it helping? I've been for a few months and it's helped my ibs a lot but I still have major issues twice a month. I figure it hormonal. :unsure:

No, I'm dairy free right now. I tried gluten free a few years ago and I didn't feel like it made a ton of difference...but then I was eating dairy and that does help! My doc wants me to try it again without the dairy but honestly, I'm tired. :wornout: I'm tired of trying to "figure it out". I just want it to go away and eat my cake too. ;):p:perplex:

Heidi J
02-19-2011, 06:00 PM
No, I'm dairy free right now. I tried gluten free a few years ago and I didn't feel like it made a ton of difference...but then I was eating dairy and that does help! My doc wants me to try it again without the dairy but honestly, I'm tired. :wornout: I'm tired of trying to "figure it out". I just want it to go away and eat my cake too. ;):p:perplex:

I understand! I hate it! Everything about it! I did diary free, low fat, with lots of restrictions for 4 years and it didn't really help. Sometimes I wonder about the whole gf thing but honestly, I'm losing weight and my skin has cleared up. I was a little sad today that I couldn't have the cupcake at our older girls' family party :sad: but I had an extra scoop of ice cream. ;)

My dc stayed overnight at their grandparent's house last night and it would have been nice to have gone out for dinner yesterday with dh (take-out would have been just as good) but I didn't want to be in the bathroom all night. :sad: Instead we stayed home. It took more effort to make dinner but it was still good! :yum:

mariah m
02-19-2011, 08:09 PM
I have been grain free for several months and it is helping. My skin cleared up too and I lost 25 pounds, still ha e flare ups once in awhile. I need to stop coffee but can't.

Jennifer Unsell
02-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Thank you Rachel! I will check it out.

So sorry to hear that you are in a flare up right now. :group:

Mine has finally settled down and I am hoping it will give me a break for a bit.

On a different note- I started on Probiotics yesterday. I'm seeing if it will make a difference for me at all. It is supposed to help regulate the digestive system. We shall see.